Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Reply from U.S. Senator Pat Toomey

Caution politician speak! Read at your own risk!
    Reply from U.S. Senator Pat Toomey

"Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting me about firearms and Second Amendment rights. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I have long been a supporter of Second Amendment rights. They are of fundamental importance to our nation, and I believe that Americans should be able protect themselves or engage in recreational activities involving firearms. In fact, during my previous tenure in the House of Representatives (1999-2005), my record of supporting gun owners' rights earned me an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association.

Recently, a number of press reports have suggested that the Social Security Administration (SSA) is developing a policy to have certain SSA beneficiaries added to the NICS database. If these reports are accurate, it is possible that the SSA may end up submitting the names of persons who are legally entitled to purchase firearms. As you know, such an action would not be consistent with the Second Amendment, or with the purpose of NICS. It is for this reason I have concerns about the potential impact of the SSA's proposed policy.

In light of these concerns, I have sent a letter to the Acting Commissioner of the SSA to outline my apprehensions about adding more SSA beneficiaries to the NICS database and demand some answers. In the letter, I requested a detailed description of all the SSA's current practices and proposed policies that concern reporting SSA beneficiaries to NICS. I also requested a detailed description of the SSA's plan to ensure that those who have raised concerns about their proposed policy may have ample opportunity to provide input. Please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to closely monitor this situation and protect Second Amendment rights.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,"
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Reply from U.S. Senator Pat Toomey

The very definition of "lip service". What a tool.

(Tioga County)

This is his standard "caned" reply. Likely sent by a staffer.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Delaware County)

When I send a letter to two faced Toomey I always send it from me and the Mrs. He always replies to her. When she asked what it was I said it was a bull shit reply. "I have always been a strong supporter of the 2nd of the 2nd Amendment." She said how did you know. I keep doing it but it feels like a waste of time. One can only hope that the volume of letters makes a difference even if the message itself isn't enough.

(Montgomery County)

What action would you want him to take?

(Berks County)

Resignation.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Resignation.

So Wolf can appoint Sestack

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    What action would you want him to take?
    For starters, I'd like him to follow-up a letter like this with an announcement that he's abandoning his "common sense gun control" crap with Manchin. Then maybe I'd believe his concerns about the administration's abuse of Social Security records are genuine, and that he actually cares about the 2A.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    For starters, I'd like him to follow-up a letter like this with an announcement that he's abandoning his "common sense gun control" crap with Manchin. Then maybe I'd believe his concerns about the administration's abuse of Social Security records are genuine, and that he actually cares about the 2A.
    Is that what the OP asked in his letter? From the reply, I am assuming that the original letter was concerning the Social Security records. And it sounds like Toomey responded to that topic. Of course we don't know, cause the OP did not tell us.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    This^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast