Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Hokkmike Guest

Default A great place to hunt!

Well, never let it be said that there is never a post for Sullivan County. A great place to hunt except for the fact that the coyotes are eating all of the ground hogs. Another unpopular trend is that a lot of landowners have gone to leasing or otherwise restricting hunting on their property. Fortunately, we have some of the best game lands in the state.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: A great place to hunt!

Sounds like you have some other critters to hunt now! I've never done it, but I hear that coyote hunting is a blast. Got a couple of friends that are into it, but working 3rd shift it is hard to find the time w/o taking a vacation day. If you dont mind sharing, which SGL's are you refering to? I'm tired of the lancaster co. thing,and was thinking about trying other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot43 View Post
    Sounds like you have some other critters to hunt now! I've never done it, but I hear that coyote hunting is a blast. Got a couple of friends that are into it, but working 3rd shift it is hard to find the time w/o taking a vacation day. If you dont mind sharing, which SGL's are you refering to? I'm tired of the lancaster co. thing,and was thinking about trying other areas.
    For a while in Quebec, the govt paid a bounty on coyotes and wolves because they became a nuisance. They paid by the set of ears. Many times people just dump snoopy on the road and let him to go wild, it was found that a pet dog gone wild can do more damage to the wild then any wild animal ever will...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot43 View Post

SGL 13, if I have got the number right. I am used to visiting them on both sides of the county. And being local, I don't give a lot of mind to their designations. A friend's son went out as a deer hunter and in his first year bagged the HUGE 8 point that sits on the wall - like a 22" spread.

I still do hunt private land somewhat. The game lands are better AFTER opening day unless you are willing to hike a bit.

And we DO have coyotes EVERYWHERE up here! I have seen three or four without even really looking for them.
    Last edited by Hokkmike; February 20th, 2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling