Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ruger snubbie revolver?

I'd post this in the REVOLVER forum but...HEY! we ain't got one. So I guess that means revolvers are pistols also, right?

Anyone have the newer Ruger polymer snub nose revolver? Like? Dislike?

Or another shrouded hammer Ruger snub? Like? Dislike?

I've had a S&W 642 with the lock for several years, but am thinking of going "no-lock" and that polymer Ruger looks interesting.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ruger snubbie revolver?

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    I'd post this in the REVOLVER forum but...HEY! we ain't got one. So I guess that means revolvers are pistols also, right?

Anyone have the newer Ruger polymer snub nose revolver? Like? Dislike?

Or another shrouded hammer Ruger snub? Like? Dislike?

I've had a S&W 642 with the lock for several years, but am thinking of going "no-lock" and that polymer Ruger looks interesting.
    I don't own one but I have shot one and found the trigger to be nice and smooth and the recoil was comfortable. In fact the day I shot it, I had a Colt Cobra with me. A guy at the range wanted to shoot the Cobra and I wanted to try the LCR so we switched. The LCR recoil felt much more comfortable than the aluminum framed Colt and it seemed lighter to boot. I liked it.

(Montgomery County)

I've debated grabbing an LCR chambered in 9mm for a while. 9mm is generally hotter and more economical than .38, moon clips = really fast reloads.

But, it would fill no role that my G43 doesn't already cover, so I'm in no rush.

(Allegheny County)

I'm a huge fan of my LCRx. Surprisingly manageable with +P ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    I don't own one but I have shot one and found the trigger to be nice and smooth and the recoil was comfortable. In fact the day I shot it, I had a Colt Cobra with me. A guy at the range wanted to shoot the Cobra and I wanted to try the LCR so we switched. The LCR recoil felt much more comfortable than the aluminum framed Colt and it seemed lighter to boot. I liked it.

Is the LCR something you can actually practice a lot with or is it a "just when I need it" like a mouse gun? In other words, is your idea of "manageable" meaning comfortable or just doesn't punish your hand?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Is the LCR something you can actually practice a lot with or is it a "just when I need it" like a mouse gun? In other words, is your idea of "manageable" meaning comfortable or just doesn't punish your hand?
    Keep in mind, this was over a year ago and I think I shot a cylinder but my impression is that I could shoot it for a while. IF you can shoot a J frame you can shoot this easier.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I love my LCR, but keep in mind that (at least the early ones like I have) have a lock. It's under the grip and isn't accessible without removing the grip. I think it's there to appease the antis but hidden enough that lock haters don't see it.

I've put a few hundred through it in a day, no problem.

(Allegheny County)

I've owned an SP101 and it was fantastic but a bit heavy for my tastes.
    I've shot an LCR in .357/.38 and it is fantastic. Light, great trigger for a double action. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
    I love my LCR, but keep in mind that (at least the early ones like I have) have a lock. It's under the grip and isn't accessible without removing the grip. I think it's there to appease the antis but hidden enough that lock haters don't see it.
    I contacted Ruger and they said: "We have moved away from the internal lock configuration."

Cool!

(Lehigh County)

My LCR has been in my rotation for a year and a half. When I first got it, I shot it a lot. Recoil? Not a problem, easy to fire over and over again. It is a nice carry weapon but I recently picked up a LC9s and I find myself picking up that one a lot. It could be because it's new or it's smaller/lighter so with summer clothes... It has nothing to do with the LCR though. Both are good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast