Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Loss of Events Section Will Undermine All 2A Efforts on this Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    That's a lot of arguing about technical minutiae to agree with almost the exact recommendation I made.
    The minutiae matters when it means the difference between an occasional button click, and significant work to edit threads and generally maintain a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Thank you for championing this. This is extremely important. IMO, you have an obligation as admin to get this site functioning effectively again with respect to allowing organization of political action and events, if nothing else at all. And I was confident you would step up, as you have. Thanks again.
    No thanks needed; I agree that we should try to do something to fill the void.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Mifflin County)

It doesn't take much. Just create the sub-forums. We don't need the linked to the calendar that nobody looks at anyway. It doesn't even need the listing at the top functionality that the old forums had. Just reopen the events sections, so we can post about and discuss events.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    It doesn't take much. Just create the sub-forums. We don't need the linked to the calendar that nobody looks at anyway. It doesn't even need the listing at the top functionality that the old forums had. Just reopen the events sections, so we can post about and discuss events.
    This right here

(Berks County)

SitRep:

In looking at the forums, it seems the Events forums still exist, they were simply closed by Dan because the plugins we were using for that forum were no longer available for newer versions of vB. The two things the plugins gave us were:

- Syncing with the Calendar
    - Ordering of threads by event date as opposed to last post made

Since the prevailing opinion is that these subforums are important enough that the above features can be overlooked, I've gone ahead and reopened them. Feel free to post as you always did to these forums, with the disclaim that THEY WON'T WORK LIKE THEY USED TO because of the lack of a plugin. However, if we all do our due diligence and make sure the information in any posted threads is concise and relevant, then I don't think we'll have any issues.

At this point we're not requiring mod/admin approval for new threads, but if that becomes necessary, we'll add it.

As always, if there's any comments/questions/concerns/etc., post them here or PM the staff.

Thanks!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    SitRep:

In looking at the forums, it seems the Events forums still exist, they were simply closed by Dan because the plugins we were using for that forum were no longer available for newer versions of vB. The two things the plugins gave us were:

- Syncing with the Calendar
    - Ordering of threads by event date as opposed to last post made

Since the prevailing opinion is that these subforums are important enough that the above features can be overlooked, I've gone ahead and reopened them. Feel free to post as you always did to these forums, with the disclaim that THEY WON'T WORK LIKE THEY USED TO because of the lack of a plugin. However, if we all do our due diligence and make sure the information in any posted threads is concise and relevant, then I don't think we'll have any issues.

At this point we're not requiring mod/admin approval for new threads, but if that becomes necessary, we'll add it.

As always, if there's any comments/questions/concerns/etc., post them here or PM the staff.

Thanks!
    Sounds good. Thanks CR.

(Mifflin County)

Thanks CR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12