Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mifflin County)

Default Man Attacks Christian Radio station in State College.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/735456.html

At least a dozen shots were fired in the Cato Park area of Ferguson Township in a chaotic scene that unfolded Friday morning as police tried to arrest a man driving a white Ford Bronco.

CDT/Christopher Weddle

Officials and officers talk at the scene of a shooting event in Cato Park on July 25, 2008. CDT/Christopher Weddle

Your turn: Scene at Cato Park
    Custody center set for October opening
    Teen stabbed, youth in custody
    A.M.BRIEFING
    Man charged with attempted murder
    The man was killed in the exchange, a law enforcement official said. A body remained in the Ford Bronco, which was screened off from public view, as the coroner arrived at the scene.

Multiple sources have identified the man in the Bronco as Brian Neiman, whose most recent address was Casper, Wy., but who has also lived in Karthaus. The Bronco had Wyoming license plates.

Events began unfolding about 10 a.m., when police began broadcasting that they were searching for a bearded man driving a white Ford Bronco, saying he appeared to be mentally unbalanced and armed with a shotgun. He had been seen in Bellefonte, and was believed to be heading down the Benner Pike toward U.S. Route 220.

Police said the man might be heading to a radio station at Cato Park in Ferguson Township. Mark VanOuse, station manager of Christian radio station WTLR in Cato Park said he received a warning from someone at 10:05 a.m.

“The person called and said there was someone they knew and he was upset and he was headed our way with intent to do harm,” VanOuse said
    Neiman pulled into the parking lot of the radio station and saw police there waiting. He rammed the Bronco into a police cruiser, drove through the parking lot and turned around and came back.

Dale Miller was pulling into the parking lot when the shooting started. He said the man in the Bronco -- Neiman -- put a shotgun outside the window and fired, and police returned fire. Neiman slumped over in the Bronco, and Miller thought he was done.

Then, he said, the Neiman suddenly straightened and stepped on the gas, ramming the Bronco into a second police cruiser. Police opened fire and the Bronco spun around and went up a small hill to crash into the side of the Central Pennsylvania Christian Institute.

"He could have just driven away," Miller said. "But he kept going back at that (radio station) building."

The news of Neiman's death saddened but didn’t completely surprise Jean Neiman, who divorced him in 2006 after a 13-year marriage and had been hiding from him ever since.

He had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2005, she said, and when he didn't take his medication he would fall into rages.

“He could be such a sweet man,” she said. “He loved doing things for me. He loved to give me whatever I wanted, when he was doing good.

“But there was a side to him that made me very afraid, and I didn’t feel safe with him.”

Look for a 4-story special report in Saturday's Centre Daily Times and here online.
    Audaces fortuna juvat

Default Re: Man Attacks Christian Radio station in State College.

Heard about this on the radio while I was at work. On the CDT page they have a slideshow of photos (near the bottom) that were captured during the actual event. Pretty crazy to think that some guy (or girl) stuck around to snap pictures while the bullets were flying.

Kudos to the State College Police Department (and Ferguson Township?) for their rapid response and seemingly quick and effective handling of the situation once it turned lethal.

(Cambria County)

It seems that more and more often, we are reminded why we need to carry every day, even in this laid back section of PA. Things are falling apart everywhere, and it is reaching us more and more. You just never know when you may need to defend yourself.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    Heard about this on the radio while I was at work. On the CDT page they have a slideshow of photos (near the bottom) that were captured during the actual event. Pretty crazy to think that some guy (or girl) stuck around to snap pictures while the bullets were flying.

Kudos to the State College Police Department (and Ferguson Township?) for their rapid response and seemingly quick and effective handling of the situation once it turned lethal.
    While they did handle the situation well, let us not forget that they had plenty of warning. Had there been no heads up given, the scene would have been yet another massacre in what was probably a gun free zone.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    While they did handle the situation well, let us not forget that they had plenty of warning. Had there been no heads up given, the scene would have been yet another massacre in what was probably a gun free zone.
    Very true.