Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Question Will the Philly Papal Visit = 2nd Amendment Infringement

So I am planning the logistics for this nonsense papal visit in September for my job and this idea popped in my head. Since its going to be like Nazi Germany with checkpoints and “your papers please”, what is going to happen to people with LTCF who live in the area, work in the area or have to travel through it? It’s going to be a huge area that is locked down, from river to river, Girard to South Street is going to be the general area and the really tight area is going to be Spring Garden to Locust.

Are they just going to deny entry to these people who live and work in this area or are they simply going to get arrested?

Unfortunately I am going to have to travel through the area to get to work, so looks like I’ll be wasting a vacation day for this shit show.

Anyone else going to have this problem, what’s your plan?

Default Re: Will the Philly Papal Visit = 2nd Amendment Infringement

If I lived in Philly, I'd probably plan my vacation for when he comes to town.

Aside from disagreements I have with the new Pope, just the complete circus, police-state and terrorism threats are enough reason not to hang around.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

I haven't even thought of it from this angle to be honest. I do plan on going via bicycle (I think the best way to be super mobile).

I doubt they'll be performing individual security checks, don't see how it's possible. In any case I'll be CC'ing and they have no right to restrict a LTCF holder's firearm unless they break PA state law. I wonder how it will go down...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I haven't even thought of it from this angle to be honest. I do plan on going via bicycle (I think the best way to be super mobile).

I doubt they'll be performing individual security checks, don't see how it's possible. In any case I'll be CC'ing and they have no right to restrict a LTCF holder's firearm unless they break PA state law. I wonder how it will go down...
    If it is an area cordoned off as 'restricted' by the Secret Service, they can and do disallow firearms. Entry or remaining contrary to the conditions of entry is a Federal offense.
    IANAL

(Bucks County)

Prepare to be raped by PPD if you try to enter any area that has the 8' tall fence around it.

(Philadelphia County)

The Pope is actually scheduled to visit my place of employment that weekend and luckily I am scheduled to be off from work.

(Montgomery County)

Personally, I do give a rat's ass about the matter. I will CC as I aways do. I will have to be in the POPE ZONE, and I will CC. If I am stopped, it's OK. If I am detained, I might not be OK. If I am arrested I will hire a defense lawyer, and then sue for violations of my 2A and PA LTCF rights. I was born to fight! Can't get too many fights at my age, but when I get one, I fight to win.

(Chester County)

It will be a Friday, Saturday and Sunday event. Plan accordingly.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    If it is an area cordoned off as 'restricted' by the Secret Service, they can and do disallow firearms. Entry or remaining contrary to the conditions of entry is a Federal offense.
    Even if your house is inside it, and even if you were not informed and do not know. Any weapon, not just firearms.

It's federal PMITA prison.

(Bucks County)

I was talking to a couple guys that work on jfk parkway, They've been inviewed by philly terrorism squad a doz time. from what I understood of what he said(guy working on jfk), you don't have rights those three days, there are more important things to worry about. From what he said they're preventing some from going into their apartment, and all from going on their balcony.

They will be bussing in from the link..

Carrying a legal firearm by us peasants, no such thing for those 3 days.... I work with a guy that's a block and a half from the cut-off like (south st) He's been interviewed..

should be interesting, what I don't understand is why the competition to host such a event, It's gotta cost millions, I know all the revenue and bla-bla-bla the tax payers are going to foot the bill for the security
    Last edited by 51158; July 27th, 2015 at 06:57 PM.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast