Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Huntingdon County)

Default Multi-cal suppressor

I am doing some research before I purchase my first suppressor, is there a suppressor that works well with 2 different cal? I want to run a can on my 556 AR and also on my hunting riffle which is a Remington 700 .270. Is there a suppressor that you can interchange the internals with 2 different calibers? Hopefully someone on here has had some experience with this application. Any tips or links with detailed info will be much appreciated
    Because Failure Is Not An Option

Default Re: Multi-cal suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by LMTguy View Post
    I am doing some research before I purchase my first suppressor, is there a suppressor that works well with 2 different cal? I want to run a can on my 556 AR and also on my hunting riffle which is a Remington 700 .270. Is there a suppressor that you can interchange the internals with 2 different calibers? Hopefully someone on here has had some experience with this application. Any tips or links with detailed info will be much appreciated
    For the most part, you can run any rifle suppressor you want so long as the bullet will fit though the hole. Since 308 and 556 are the most common, I would go with a 308 can if you are putting it on your 270. Most rifle suppressors are not direct thread, so you will need to thread your 700 for a compatible break/flash hider. I dont see any reason why 308 threading wouldn't work on a 270.

Believe it or not, the DB reduction when using a larger bore hole than the bullet it pretty negligible. The benefits of only buying one suppressor for use on all 308 and smaller sizes are greater than buying individual cans for each caliber, to me anyway.

Obviously, the profile of the barrel will determine how easy (or hard) it is going to be to get it threaded. For a 308 flash hider to work on your 270, you are going to need at least 5/8s inch to accommodate a thread pattern of 5/8x24. the most common thread pattern for 308. I would check our Yankee Hill, Silencerco, or AAC and pick the QD suppressor you want.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    For the most part, you can run any rifle suppressor you want so long as the bullet will fit though the hole. Since 308 and 556 are the most common, I would go with a 308 can if you are putting it on your 270. Most rifle suppressors are not direct thread, so you will need to thread your 700 for a compatible break/flash hider. I dont see any reason why 308 threading wouldn't work on a 270.

Believe it or not, the DB reduction when using a larger bore hole than the bullet it pretty negligible. The benefits of only buying one suppressor for use on all 308 and smaller sizes are greater than buying individual cans for each caliber, to me anyway.
    ^x2

I linked the one below simply because it is what I just bought.

as requested LINK: http://yhm.net/30-cal-phantom-lt-1677.html

"This allows users to purchase one sound suppressor and use it on .30 caliber and 5.56 mm rifles."
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Blair County)

do not get a 556 only suppressor get the 30 cal one the 223 is still pretty noisy because it is supper sonic the sub sonic 223 wont run the action get a 300 black out upper it is very quiet

Dead Air silencers has interchangeable parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.