Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: New AR complete with new troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Lube it well and try again. AR's do not like to be run dry. Especially new ones.

This rifle has been lubed more times then Jenna Jameson at an all day shoot I am defiantly beyond that point that with it. It's properly head spaced, proper alignment with the gas block, gas tube is good to go.

(Wayne County)

Hey, a dude is having a similar problem on Arf with the cases cracking. Looks like a chamber tolerance issue? He is claiming a big ass burr in his chamber. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/66...P.html&page=31 Scroll down a ways on pg. 31, is that what your cases look like?
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Beaver County)

Can you be more specific on how you cleaned the chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    Hey, a dude is having a similar problem on Arf with the cases cracking. Looks like a chamber tolerance issue? He is claiming a big ass burr in his chamber. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/66...P.html&page=31 Scroll down a ways on pg. 31, is that what your cases look like?

No burr in my chamber it also appears he is able to run the rifle normally just having issues with completely splitting the cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Can you be more specific on how you cleaned the chamber?
    AR chamber/bore brush along with CLP to break up the carbon then Hoppes for the bore, I use a Cat M4 tool for cleaning the bolt. I use Mobile 1 grease for lube.

This isn't my 1st AR15 just the 1st one to short stroke like this under any and all conditions.

(Beaver County)

I wasn't insinuating you didn't know what you were doing. I tried the bore brush and hoppes when I was issues with short stroking and occasional case sticking. I had to get a Flex-Hone brush and FlexHone oil to clean up the chamber. It's always advised to clean the QPQ/Melonite/Nitride chambers. Can't say I ever had cases splitting. If you've exhausted the common user level fixes, I'd say just send the barrel back. If it's on their dime, what's the harm?

(Wayne County)

I wasn't insinuating you didn't know what you were doing. I tried the bore brush and hoppes when I was issues with short stroking and occasional case sticking. I had to get a Flex-Hone brush and FlexHone oil to clean up the chamber. It's always advised to clean the QPQ/Melonite/Nitride chambers. Can't say I ever had cases splitting. If you've exhausted the common user level fixes, I'd say just send the barrel back. If it's on their dime, what's the harm?

Possible OOS chamber and undergassing together? It could be feasable for your string of malfunctions. I'd demand a new barrel/send it back.
    Last edited by Splittiebus66; July 31st, 2015 at 06:47 PM.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Sorry man I wants trying to come off as a smart ass or anything I do use Bore snakes to mop up the left overs but I will look into the flexhone I saw a guy on youtube that had similar issues not exactly the same clean up his bore and some burrs with one took an entire 30 sec. I always appreciate the responses different tips and experiences are always useful period.

Well after Faxon made the offer too me to take the barrel back and open the port to what I want or for me to send the entire rifle and they will tune it to any specific load I want I have yet to hear back from them 1 week later. I sent them an e-mail Monday and then another today if I don't hear anything by the end of the day Monday I am going to contact AIM explain the issue too them as well as what Faxon stated and see if I can get a refund or swap the barrel for something else.

Like many others here I have spent a pretty penny with AIM over the last 5 years with dozens of orders I would like to think they would be more then willing to step in.
    Last edited by Hodgie; August 6th, 2015 at 07:18 PM.

Did I read it right that you are using Mobil 1 grease to lube the BCG/Upper?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast