Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House search

(Allegheny County)

Default House search

I am looking at townhomes and I see some in Whitehall and Baldwin Pa. Is this a fairly safe area with low crime?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: House search

Good Luck Dave
    The Lord Bless You

You can't search a house without a warrant

(Allegheny County)

How much do u want to spend and are you stuck on those two areas?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I think Whitehall and much of Baldwin are fairly safe, and most of their neighbors are fairly stable. However, I'd stay away from the north area of Baldwin, near Carrick. Carrick is going down fast. Check out what just happened at a church carnival on Brownsville Road. Heck, Carrick is getting as bad as Monroeville Mall!

Violent Fighting Among Teens Prompts Cancellation Of Carrick Church’s Summer Festival

July 23, 2015 5:24 PM
    David Highfield

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Teenagers fighting in the street have forced a church in Carrick to make the difficult decision of canceling the rest of their summer festival.

Pittsburgh Police say they were called to six large fights between teens on Brownsville Road Wednesday night. Witnesses described an out-of-control scene. But by the time additional police arrived on scene, the rowdy teenagers had fled.

The parish priest says he was afraid an elderly person or child could have been trampled by the dozens of teens running from the fights, and that’s why they have canceled the rest of the festival.

People were taking down signs, the rides being dismantled and the tents being packed up Thursday at the St. Basil Parish festival. It was supposed to run through Saturday, but not after what happened.

“Our first night was very difficult because of the fighting and the violence out on the street in front of us,” said Rev. Stephen Kresak, of St. Basil Parish.

Fr. Kresak says they reluctantly decided to cancel the rest of the festival because even with two hired police officers for security, they couldn’t guarantee people’s safety.

“There were many, many kids running,” he said. “In fact, if someone had been on the street when that happened, they would have been trampled.”

Parishioners at the festival during the fighting say they were frightened.

“Yeah. I was actually working inside and I came out and crowds of people were trying to leave,” said Lou Ann Shannon.

“I think people who come here may have thought they weren’t safe and this wasn’t an environment they were comfortable with,” Beverly Lankes said.

Sheena Strickland and her son showed up at shuttered festival Thursday evening. Sadly, they were greeted by a large sign that read the outdoor carnival had been canceled.

“Some kids got out of hand, and now all [neighborhood kids] are being punished,” said Strickland. “It’s not fair.”

Festival organizer Richard Heinz told KDKA-TV’s Ralph Iannotti, “We put a lot of hard work into this, for it to happen the way it did, it’s tough.”

The festival is the church’s big source of revenue and they need to make money to repair the church roof, but it’s also become a tradition, and no one wanted it to end.

“I think is sad. This has been one of the few events that was able to stay in Carrick,” said Shannon.

Police say there were no arrests Thursday and no weapons used in the fighting. They say this same thing has been a problem in the past.

Meanwhile, the church has set up a GoFundMe page hoping to raise the $45,000 they would normally get from the festival.

A benefit concert has been planned for Friday night at Grandview Park in the city’s Allentown neighborhood, and concert proceeds will go to the church.

(Washington County)

I lived in the townhouses on Tyler Road at the end of Streets Run Road in Baldwin for a short period and it was quiet and nice there.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Allegheny County)

My brother-in-law lives in Baldwin. ...for about 10 years or more. No problems. He is close to the Giant Eagle. Seems to be quiet, he has never had issues.

(Allegheny County)

Baldwin and Whitehall are both nice areas. I live about 10 minutes away.

(Allegheny County)

I closed on a Townhouse in September west of the city out near the airport and it's not in any flight path.

Quiet and affordable.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast