Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Concealed Carry at LCBC (Manheim or other campuses)

Ok, so I know this topic has been discussed to no end. Carrying concealed at church..... I know it is legal in PA, and no, there is no school where I attend church. My question is simple.... With over 12,000 weekly attenders, there has to be other people on this forum who attend LCBC in Manheim (or any of the other campuses). And we all know that there are PA State Constables guarding us at each campus (thank you to them). does anybody on this forum know the position the church leadership takes on concealed carry? With that many people, I'm sure others besides myself are CC and this has had to come up at some level at the church. I do not know the people on leadership personally and am a pretty quiet and shy guy to just go up and ask someone. I have never seen anything from the leadership and want to honor their wishes while still making it my responsibility to protect my family.

I'm not looking for the generic should you or should you not carry in church. It is my decision and I choose to carry. I'm just interested if there are any other members/attendees of LCBC on this forum to give their opinion of that church specifically Appreciate the responses.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry at LCBC (Manheim or other campuses)

I do not know the church policy, but I CC at Ephrata. I figure that many Christians in one place at known hours is an obvious target for terrorism.

(Lancaster County)

Yes, that was exactly my thought. I appreciate your comment. Would love to hear others.....

(Bucks County)

Don't ask, don't tell.

Branch Creek.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Don't ask, don't tell.

Branch Creek.
    Exactly! If you didn't see a sign on the door, continue to carry. Your family and friends are your responsibility. They are called first responders for a reason: they are only going to respond after something bad happens, contrary to what the liberals believe.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

When it comes to concealed carry the only thing I look for is an obvious sign or policy for anything other than a place that is restricted by law (and generally speaking these places are posted) or a private residence. I also don't advertise that I carry so a policy cannot be suddenly made up if I am found to or some policy that is only in internal documents and not public posted will be referenced.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Delaware County)

If the church leadership felt strongly against guns and carrying them in church they would have a sign posted. If you ask then they could say no or create a negative policy. Don't ask. Don't tell.

(Bucks County)

Drawing attention to something not a focus will have results... nothing happens, positive happens, negative happens. What is positive to some is a negative to others and vice-versa. Asking will require an answer. The answer will likely have as much factual logic driving it as any other subject foreign to the authority in charge. Bottom line, the one(s) in charge of such matters will react in very human ways...fear of the unknown (future results of the decision), resistance to change, conjuration of liabilities real or imagined, all of which will probably add up to do not allow.

Latest figures is 5.2 % of the population carries concealed, not including unknowns of the ten or so states that require no license. Since Christians are known and recognized by POTUS as clingers to bibles and guns, you have a fair chance of having maybe at least 10% of the congregation carrying. While in church, pray that none of them ask permission.

(Lancaster County)

I haven't brought it up with anyone, but it seems pretty consistent with the church I attend which emphasizes personal responsibility, the inherent dangers of evil in a fallen world, the value of the lives of family, etc.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

I have never heard of any policy forbidding carrying at LCBC. There is not a sign on the door forbidding firearms. We attend the Manheim campus weekly, and I also appreciate the constables on patrol, but see a second line of defense as a good thing.

My opinion on this is if they aren't posting it on their door, then I don't want to know. If I know they have a policy against it, they I know that I shouldn't carry there. About 50% of retail chains have some policy somewhere forbidding firearms, but very few post it on their doors. Just like rockisland said, "don't ask, dont tell"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast