Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Massad Ayoob MAG-20/40 Classes in Youngstown, OH

For those of you in western PA along the PA/OH border, Safety Solutions Academy (SSA) is hosting Massad Ayoob and his MAG-20 class (two-day legal course) and MAG-40 class (four day course: two days of shooting, two days of legal) in late August:

http://www.safetysolutionsacademy.co...l-courses.html

SSA is owned by Paul Carlson, who was my primary instructor when I took Advanced Pistol Handling two years ago...I wrote up a detailed AAR about that class here. The site above is e-commerce enabled, so you can sign up and pay for the courses right there.

I'm signed up for the MAG-20 two-day legal course, and have a hotel room with an extra queen bed if anyone wants to share.

If you wind up signing up for the MAG-20 course and live in the greater Philly area, you're welcome to travel with me (I'm a private pilot and have a plane out of Trenton-Mercer airport and rental car in Youngstown reserved) -- cover the rental car and hotel room (about $400) and I'll cover the plane. Flying time is about 2h 45m each way.

I'm not instrument-rated yet, so if the weather doesn't work out to fly the backup plan is to drive (just over 6 hours each way) -- if you buy the gas (and chip in for the hotel room), I'll pay for the tolls and the depreciation on my car.

It is definitely not cheap...but this is for a Massad Ayoob class. Shoot me a PM if you're up for it.

And random aside: if you look on the SSA site above, you'll see a pic in the lower left corner hotlinking to Paul's blog...that's me in the pic with my arm out shooting one-handed from the APH class two years ago.
    Last edited by AJChenMPH; September 15th, 2015 at 06:09 PM.