Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default springfield xdm action job

I have a Springfield Armory XDm in 9mm which I bought new about two years ago. I love the gun but the trigger action is too heavy. Springfield offers a "combat action job" for $145. They will also install fiber optic sights for another $95. Does anyone have any experience with or opinion on either of these? I'm wondering if they are worth the money or if there are better alternatives. Thanks in advance for your insights.
    Love your country - Fear your government

(Pike County)

Default Re: springfield xdm action job

If you are able to take apart the gun yourself the Powder River or Springer trigger kits will make a big improvement. Same with fiber optic sights. I have installed a few sets of the trigger kits and they work very well along with some judicious polishing of the internals. Fiber optic sights helped me immensely. Because I have 60 year old eyes. If you are not comfortable with disassembling your XDm then see a local competent gunsmith. Price should be about the same or cheaper. Paying next day air shipping both ways is expensive.

(Chester County)

Check out Springer Precision. I dropped in a new trigger from them and the difference is astounding. I have heard LOTS of good about PRP also
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

Thanks, JC. My eyes are a good bit older than yours (hands too). Taking a gun apart myself is no longer an option. I will consider a local gunsmith.
    Love your country - Fear your government

(Bucks County)

I recommend the PRP drop-in kit. That's what I have on my XDM 5.25 and use in competition. Have a nice 3.5lb pull from it. For fiber optics, look to Dawson Precision. I prefer a narrow front sight and replaced the stock FO on my 5.25 with a Dawson front. If you are going to have a gunsmith do it then just arrange with one to drop off the gun and parts and it should be done rather quickly.

I installed the trigger myself, but the front sight was in so tight my gunsmith had to cut it out.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)