Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Handcuff Carry?

Default Re: Handcuff Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If one has one of these can one carry cuffs?

Only if you wear one of these too:

2503d1377666165-drop-gun-i-said-drop-bam-bam-bam-p_080000833_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    I am guessing Hickory Run State Park.... What did I win?
    Oh sorry. You lose.
    However , maybe I should check out Hickory Run state park.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Oh sorry. You lose.
    However , maybe I should check out Hickory Run state park.
    Hey , I just checked it out. Darn near close to 400 camp sites.
    How quiet can it be?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thehersh13 View Post
    If no one is in the house and its just a burglary, why risk being injured to clear the house? Get a description of the get away car and perpetrators and let the police do thier job.

No one is saying the police will be there quickly when you need them. Hence why most of us are armed. But detaining them is not part of defending yourself. If I am being robbed but my family and I are out of the house I dont Need them immediately. Sure Id like them to catch the guy in the act but I dont need them to come to my rescue for stuff.

I have insurance and stuff is replaceable. My life is not which is why I won't go attempting to detain anyone.

Sure anyone can learn to use cuffs. If you choose to and choose to carry them then more power to you. I'm not even saying you shouldn't. Freedom of choice.
    No one knew if there was someone in the house. The only other option was to establish a perimeter and see if someone bolted. Then instead of engaging them in a confined environment you would have to chase them down. Not ideal. There was no description to be had and no apparent get-a-way car. Sometimes enforcement of the law falls upon your average citizen and not professional law enforcement. That is just part of maintaining law and order in a free society.

Again, as I have stated many times, I am not saying that you should chase the perp. If he gets away so be it as long as you and your family are safe. If he stole something of lots of value that you really want to recover I might make an exception. But, yeah, if the guy runs let him go. I've said this multiple times. There is no need to pretend to be a cop, but sometimes it is necessary for an average citizen to take up the role of maintaining civil order.

I would rather be prepared to properly restrain a subject then have to shoot him in the alternative to prevent further justified harm against me. I don't want to be a cop. I don't want to pretend to be a cop. I just want to have access to the tools that help me protect myself in the rare and extreme event it becomes necessary. Is that concept so hard to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    No one knew if there was someone in the house. The only other option was to establish a perimeter and see if someone bolted. Then instead of engaging them in a confined environment you would have to chase them down. Not ideal. There was no description to be had and no apparent get-a-way car. Sometimes enforcement of the law falls upon your average citizen and not professional law enforcement. That is just part of maintaining law and order in a free society.

Again, as I have stated many times, I am not saying that you should chase the perp. If he gets away so be it as long as you and your family are safe. If he stole something of lots of value that you really want to recover I might make an exception. But, yeah, if the guy runs let him go. I've said this multiple times. There is no need to pretend to be a cop, but sometimes it is necessary for an average citizen to take up the role of maintaining civil order.

I would rather be prepared to properly restrain a subject then have to shoot him in the alternative to prevent further justified harm against me. I don't want to be a cop. I don't want to pretend to be a cop. I just want to have access to the tools that help me protect myself in the rare and extreme event it becomes necessary. Is that concept so hard to grasp?
    It's not a difficult concept to grasp. I can understand your point of view. In that situation I would wait for the police to clear my house while I wait in observance for someone leaving the scene.

I'm all for supporting the citizen's enforcement of the law. BUT I am not going to risk getting killed or injured doing a police officer's job. That's what they get paid to do. I'll observe and report, take pictures, and yes defend myself and property if threatened. But I see detaining someone as unnecessary risk to myself.

Choosing what to carry is your right.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011