Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Great deep concealment holster for TCP/LCP/P3AT

I purchased this DTOM holster from Amazon for my Taurus TCP hoping it would be as minimal as possible as far as the size and material for very deep concealment and I found what I was looking for. I typically only carry a micro pistol when deep concealment is a must finding a holster that would conceal the TCP deeply on my waist has been a bit of a chore. After using a leather Outbags holster which is made well but makes the pistol ride very high then a Remora IWB/Pocket combo that was 2.5x's larger then it needed too be I came across this on Amazon and figured what the hell so I gave it a shot.

The holster is made very well from the non slip material, stitching, interior padding, and the snug fit when the pistol is inserted. The with is not much more then the bare pistol yet provides a nice level of padding and comfort when wearing in the 3 and 5 o'clock positions. The holster comes with 2 spring steel type clips one short and the other a bit longer that attach via a very positive and tight fitting snap under a well stitched loop. I had to switch it too the longer of the 2 in order to get a good fit over a double thick 1.5" leather gun belt. The shorter might be good when if you were to wear shorts or pants that do not require a belt which I never do while carrying a pistol IWB.

When worn properly it rides very low in the pants more then most other holsters. It can be canted forward 10-15 degrees which allows the wearer to get 2 fingers (pointer and middle) on the grip quickly and easily enough to draw the pistol if needed. It cannot be seen and barely felt at all when worn, and if worn in the 5 o'clock position it can be equipped with a pinky ext on the magazine and still never be seen making these pistols a bit more user friendly and the draw that much easier. The clip can be removed and it can be used as a non slip pocket holster which works well but not as good as the Remora since their exterior is much more tacky.

On Amazon I gave it 4 out of 5 stars only because I would like to see the clip be upgraded a bit it really needs to be a tad longer and there needs to be a bigger bend so that it can fit a wider verity of gun belts. I do not see the larger clip I am using now failing but you really have to make sure it's positioned over the belt when putting it on as compared to some others and if I had to pick a weak point this would be it.

I would recommend the DTOM holster to anyone who is looking for an excellent priced high quality holster for a micro pistol especially if carrying it as a back up or in situations where you cannot chance it being noticed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UGE6B0

DTOM1.jpgDTOM2.jpgDTOM.jpg
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 15th, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Great deep concealment holster for TCP/LCP/P3AT

Thanks for the informative post. From the pictures I am concernrd about its ability to retain the pistol. It looks a little loose inside. I know your pants and belt help secure it but is my concern an issue in your opinion?

I here what your saying all my other holsters are Kydex with excellent retention or have level II retention systems like the ALS.

This holster was very tight when I received it and has loosened up only a bit as per the manufacturer. Because it sits so deep in the waist band and due to the friction of the material on the holster, your body and the belt I don't see it going anywhere. I've been wearing it for a week doing everything from lawn and garden work to playing outside sports with my kids and it hasn't moved an inch. I wouldn't wear this or any holster without a belt and just rely on the sticky material to keep it secure like the Remora advertises but for now I feel very comfortable and confident using it.

The manufacturer offers a 30 day money back guarantee if your unhappy in any way with the holster.

(Chester County)

Thats a good one.
    Another suggestion is an uncle mikes #2. It's ever so slightly oversized for a TCP but that allows it to ride very low. It's secure once it's in my waistband. I also like it because the neoprene is very thin and adds no bulk.

(Allegheny County)

Looks like a desantis nemesis with a belt clip
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Chester County)

I have the same gun and use the same holster as the OP. Great holster for the price. It does what it's supposed to do.

I almost only pocket carry my TCP or 3AT,
    With the TCP I do find myself cleaning out lint from the hammer area every couple days.

I tried the pocket thing but just can't get used too it. Too much stuff in my pockets weighing me down drives me nuts.