Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which 380?

(Montgomery County)

Default Which 380?

Advice needed based on your experience.
    Glock 42 or Bersa 380?
    I'd rather have a gun in my hand then a cop on the phone.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Which 380?

Get the Bersa.

1. I own a Bersa 380 and have yet to have it fail on me. Even some of my worst 380 reloads were digested without protest.
    2. The Glock 42 is fairly new. Reliability????? The Bersa is a proven design that has been around for quite a few years. The Bersa is often overlooked as a cheap import. I have yet to meet a person who owns one and has anything but good things to say about them.
    3. I'm not a big fan of the plastic fantastics.

Hey, this is a thread where our resident "get a Glock guy" would actually be relevant.

ETA: In the interest of full disclosure, I have not seen, held, or fired the Glock 42.
    Last edited by daschnoz; July 15th, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    The Glock 42 is fairly new. Reliability????? The Bersa is a proven design that has been around for quite a few years.
    I could be wrong but there should very few if any reliability issues with the G42,as is the case with the rest of the Glock line up and I'm not sure which company has been around the longest but Glock is no newcomer to the market.

(Chester County)

I only have experience with the Glock 42. I put 30 rounds through my friend's G42. It ate everything up without any problems and was a pleasure to shoot. My only gripe is I find it a tad too big for pocket carry. If you're going to carry it IWB, then you might as well get a Glock 43.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Fayette County)

Kel tec for the best value. Have shot several, all worked just fine!

(Delaware County)

I own a Bersa Thunder CC 380. It is a great pistol , easy to handle and conceal , very low recoil , easy to maintain and most of all fun to shoot. Check out YOU TUBE Hikcock 45 does a review on one. Have not read or heard of anyone complaining about one. Bersa has a good rep.Just a thought.

I like the lighter weight and more dehorned G42. There were some issues with the 42 a little after it first came out but the bugs are pretty much worked out by now. Honestly I'd consider the very slightly larger sub compact single stack 9x19 pistols if you depend on factory ammo. The .380 factory ammo is overpriced, thats why I load for it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by robert slabaugh View Post
    Kel tec for the best value. Have shot several, all worked just fine!
    Another P3AT owner / promoter here. If you're getting this as a pocket carry that you're going to shoot a bunch at the range, the Kel-Tec isn't for you. If you want the smallest, lightest, simplest, cheapest, arguably ugliest pocket pistol that will go bang every time, it is very hard to beat the Kel-Tec. Loaded, it weighs half of the Bersa unloaded & almost half of the G42 loaded. It's seriously small & light. There are 2 controls - mag drop & trigger. That's it.

People might say the light weight makes it uncomfortable to shoot. I guess that might be true if you're going out & shooting a box of ammo, but I generally just pull it out & pop off the rounds in the magazine when I go to the range. Keeps me familiar with it well enough to stay safe with it & makes sure there's fresh ammo in the mags.

I owned the BERSA Thunder 380. This was a great pistol and I'm sad I sold it. But it funded something important. Anyways...

- Always went bang
    - Ate all ammo thrown at it
    - Recoil very nice
    - Built like a tank
    - Easy to Dissasemble & Reassemble
    - easily concealed and felt like it wasn't there

(Monroe County)

There isn't a wrong answer to this. I Own both.

Both are reliable,
    Do you prefer DA/SA or a single type of trigger pull?
    Capacity Bersa
    Do you like adding a lot of aftermarket things? Glock
    Price an Issue? Bersa
    Both have excellent support in holsters.
    Both are a little large for pocket carry, however I have pocketed the 42.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast