Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default berks county district attorney

i have been a gun owner for almost 20 years never had to use it until 4 years ago i was robbed at gunpoint i pulled out my gun and the wanted criminal on bail from berks county was arrested....
    long story short i had an expired concealed permit so they charged me with possession of a firearms subsection b a misdemeanor ( yes i know i should not have accepted that but wanted the situation over with)
    a few months ago i walk into cabella's in hamburg pa to see if i can purchase a gun to leave at my house for protection i filled the application for a back round check and they denied me ok though that was it

4 months later i receive a letter from the berks county district attorney office that i am being charged with a felony purgery charge for lying on my application??????
    the question states are you a felon? (which i am not) or have u ever been convicted of a crime but even though u received less had a maximum sentence of over a year? i answered no???
    i only received probation and did'nt not understand the question so i out no

the berks district attorneys office because it is an election year is going after people for making a simple mistake on an application to try to make money and ruin peoples lives with false charges
    this is a insult to the law and gun owners because they will look for any technicality to charge you with so gun owners stop owning firearms!!!!!!!

i wanted to warn all my fellow gun owners here to be careful and watch out from the scams of the district attorneys office they even threatened me to accept the charge or more charges will be filed !!!!!!

Is that how the law is supposed to act??????? anyone here knows the perfect attorney in berks county to fight this case?

Default Re: berks county district attorney

You're late to the party, a warning about this state-wide problem was posted here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=263156
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

What GunLawyer said.

Like any application for licensure, loan application, mortgage app. etc., etc., read what you are signing. If you "didn't understand the question" don't submit the form.

(Luzerne County)

yes i havent been on the site on a while and now i wish i read about this

(Berks County)

These stories need to be injected into the conversation when the gun ban crowd talks about common sense gun laws. The average gun person is ignorant of this happening. The average citizen has no idea.

(Berks County)

Sorry to hear that dude.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Here's another article on the pitfalls of not fully understanding the ATF Form 44-73 that you are filling out when you purchase a firearm.

"Here's how the feds have made it harder for you to lawfully buy a gun: Marc A. Scaringi

Recent tragedies involving individuals banned from buying guns are raising questions about the federal government's background checks for firearms owners.
    But a serious problem not receiving attention is the issue of law-abiding citizens being prosecuted for failing to realize an action or misdemeanor conviction years ago bars them from owning firearms under federal law."

Read more at the link below:

http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2015...st_made_i.html