Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default PICKIN' THE SPOT !

Pickin' the spot. Maybe it should be called 'pickin' the RIGHT spot'.

My days are pretty much limited to groundhog hunting. Why ??? I just luv it. Long shooting possibilities, great weather and probably most important, NO PRESSURE.

Since the hip surgery, I have to play this game with a bit of caution. No more charging the hill. WOW ! I need a new game plan.

Fossil,think it out about pickin' spots. Homework, past seasons, honey holes, guessin'--I do a lot of that. Let's give THE HILL a go. Move it up on the priority list. It could have potential, it may turn out OK, it is sure easy to get to (1st plus), possibility of some shootin', maybe long shootin'----My game plan has one plus and a lot of subjectives ; could, may, possibility and maybe.

THE HILL is 10 to 12 yards wide, with a safe shooting crest of 260 yards. A bowling alley in disguise, but it is easy to get to ! A very short vid tells a story about THE HILL & 'PICKIN' THE SPOT'. One view is lookin' down THE HILL. I only shoot up THE HILL. Most of my shaky videos were done on THE HILL.
    fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; July 14th, 2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: add
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: PICKIN' THE SPOT !

Just to add.

I have hunted this hill 5 years now. I got a few here and there. Neither the Dairyman or me had any idea of the chuck population. I have my share of misses on the hill this year. REVISION: More than my fair share. Battin' average is probably 60% and it could be lower.
    Now, due to a total luck of the draw, I have a place that really fits my needs to hunt the WILY GROUND GRIZZLY.
    I will drive by the farm today and take a look up the bowling alley and DAG NABBIT, there's 2 more.

PICKIN' THE SPOT----No fossil, you just lucked out.
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !