Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Open carry at Colonial Williamsburg

Family trip to colonial Williamsburg, OCed my Heckler & Koch P7 in a Don Hume Leather thumb break holster. Also wore a Yellow Gadsden Flag T-Shirt.

Got some stares from tourists. A big man in a motor Scooter put his hand out to shake my hand, said 'I can tell you're a Patriot'. I said 'of course', and he thanked me for open carrying. In a small restaurant called the 'Kings Arms', I passed a large family. Got the 'looks', and then heard the men at the table talk about '9mm....40 caliber...'.

Mostly just got some surprised looks. One kid whose family had British accents stared for a second. Perhaps this was a reminder who won the war.

Great time. I really love that place.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Open carry at Colonial Williamsburg

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    One kid whose family had British accents stared for a second. Perhaps this was a reminder who won the war.
    LOL
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Tioga County)

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. I grew up in Williamsburg and loved going to CW every chance I got. The Kings Arms Tavern was one of George Washingtons favorites!

(Montgomery County)

Your should have open carried a flintlock for historic accuracy

(Adams County)

Maybe a flintlock SBR ?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtwalker View Post
    Maybe a flintlock SBR ?
    I was thinking tactical blunderbuss.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Mostly just got some surprised looks. One kid whose family had British accents stared for a second. Perhaps this was a reminder who won the war.
    Hell yeah!

I had a French couple in line behind me at a grocery checkout. All the sudden she spotted my sidearm and was like, "Suck mah blue!" They stared and traded comments for a few seconds until I looked at them and they looked away.

I was in a rush and not in a friendly mood. I regret not speaking to them. Should have taken a moment out to do so.

I had a woman and her ~ 12 year old kid from Illinois in line behind me once at a store checkout. I saw their license plate when they were walking in and confirmed it when they came out. The kid's eyes turned into baseballs and he spent time whispering to his mom. The kid thought I was a fucking astronaut. I could tell he wanted my autograph.

Weird. I run into dozens of shoppers from NY and NJ every week that actually notice my gun and rarely get much of a reaction other than a confused look.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Hell yeah!

I had a French couple in line behind me at a grocery checkout. All the sudden she spotted my sidearm and was like, "Suck mah blue!" They stared and traded comments for a few seconds until I looked at them and they looked away.

I was in a rush and not in a friendly mood. I regret not speaking to them. Should have taken a moment out to do so.

I had a woman and her ~ 12 year old kid from Illinois in line behind me once at a store checkout. I saw their license plate when they were walking in and confirmed it when they came out. The kid's eyes turned into baseballs and he spent time whispering to his mom. The kid thought I was a fucking astronaut. I could tell he wanted my autograph.

Weird. I run into dozens of shoppers from NY and NJ every week that actually notice my gun and rarely get much of a reaction other than a confused look.
    The sight of true liberty is just too much for those who have been brainwashed for all their lives. It reminds me of Plato's Cave allegory. Seeing liberty for the first time is just too bright for their eyes, as they were in the dark for so long

(Westmoreland County)

Colonial Williamsburg is a great place. We go there every so often. Usually for a big timeline reenactment at the nearby Jamestown Settlement. We usually take a day and evening to tool around the village in our best 18th Century finery and thus "fit in" with the locals. To be honest I've never done CW in modern civies. This might be an interesting diversion.

Oh a BIG +1 to your choice on King Arms for dinner. I've never been disappointed there.