Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default SR1911 CMD Lightweight

Ruger SR1911 Lightweight CMD. Anybody have one?

I made the decision to get one as an EDC and have had it now for about 2 weeks. Only been to the range twice, but it's performed flawlessly.

It's got a titanium insert in the feed ramp part of the frame to avoid wear from hollow points. This was a big selling poimnt for me, because I'd been told to shy away from alloy framed 1911's for that reason. Thin grips made by Altamont. Front strap has nicely done serrations... Mine is awesome and fits the hand perfectly. Despite some negatives I have read from guys who need to spend thousands on pistols, the machining is excellent and fit is tight as a gnat's ass. Trigger is great, and most importantly - I shoot my best with it.

It's all I could ask for in a carry 1911. Okay, would have liked a good set of night sights. Just thought I'd throw my 2 thumbs up on this one if anyone is looking at them.

TC

Pics:
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/tw...htweight%20CMD

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: SR1911 CMD Lightweight

I've been considering getting one for a while. Got a full size SR1911 and picked up a Springfield RO Compact a few months ago, but I just can't stop wanting Lightweight CMD.

I handled one yesterday at Cabela's in Delaware and even though its an ounce heavier that my Springfield, it felt lighter. Ruger did a great job on weight distribution.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you're enjoying it and it's a reliable firearm.

My Birthday is coming up. Sounds like a good excuse to buy a Ruger.

(York County)

Default Re: SR1911 CMD Lightweight

I looked at the Springfields. Both the compact and commander. Nice pieces, but the feed ramp frame insert is what sold me.