Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default HK P30 V3 in 40: Pros/Cons

Got my sights on a used P30S V3 in 40. I just purchased a Walther P99 not long ago and love it.
    Still have to get use to the DA trigger when decocked. The SA is nice, but I do not carry it in SA because it does not have a safety.
    The reset is 8th of an inch and the trigger overall is fantastic considering its stock.

The P30S has the safety so it can be carried SA cocked and locked like my 1911 OR DA decocked with safety off.
    Mag is 13+1 in 40. weight around 25 oz. 4 inch barrel..... which are some other characteristics I was looking for.

Anyone have one and can give me some input before I do the deal at $600 plus transfer fee?

Thx, Joe

Default Re: HK P30 V3 in 40: Pros/Cons

I have a V3 P30 DA/SA with de-cock in 9mm & like it. It has a loonng DA trigger pull, but after you get used to it you're fine. I changed out the luminesent HK sights with Heinie tritium sights. The stock HK sights need "recharged" with a light source & after the gun's in a holster for a while the rear sight is the only one that glows in the dark.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Monroe County)

Thanks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Got my sights on a used P30S V3 in 40. I just purchased a Walther P99 not long ago and love it.
    Still have to get use to the DA trigger when decocked. The SA is nice, but I do not carry it in SA because it does not have a safety.
    The reset is 8th of an inch and the trigger overall is fantastic considering its stock.

The P30S has the safety so it can be carried SA cocked and locked like my 1911 OR DA decocked with safety off.
    Mag is 13+1 in 40. weight around 25 oz. 4 inch barrel..... which are some other characteristics I was looking for.

Anyone have one and can give me some input before I do the deal at $600 plus transfer fee?

Thx, Joe
    $600. That's a great price. (assuming it's in good condition and it comes with both magazines and all of the grip panels).

P30 is a great gun. But if you're planning on carrying it, there are few if any good IWB holsters, other than at the Milt Sparks, etc level. That would be a change from all the 1911 choices if you're used to that.
    Last edited by GunWhatGun; July 12th, 2015 at 01:40 PM. Reason: clarity

(Monroe County)

Yes $600. Like new. In original case, two mags, all grip panels. Can't wait to shoot it next weekend. Thx.

(Monroe County)

Got some range time in with my new p30. What a nice shooting pistol. This gun in 40 may be the lightest recoil 40 I have ever shot. As a matter of fact it feels about the same as my Walther P99. The double action will need some practice but the SA on the HK along with low recoil, 13+1, carrying in SA with safety will be sure to make it a favorite of mine.