Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default beaver county courthouse small hasell

really simple I used to oc into the courthouse with no incident till today . walk in the front door wait for the officers attention an say , I am armed sir . so as instructed I step through the detector an the second officer asks me for my lctf ! to my reply I don't think I have to show you that . the officer then replies with well how do you think we are going to keep illegal guns off the streets ? then my next reply was . well I am open carry an on foot you do not need to see my lctf . the officer then says well just hold up here lets check the law . then I reply , go ahead I know I am correct for a fact . so i stand there an wait for the leo to read this posting on there wall as if it had the laws on it , it did .I read it with her an what do ya know I was right . so she looks to the other officer working the detector an he just looks at her an says . this guy knows his shit hes ok . so now I find out they have had a policy change as you check your firearm they want a name an phone number an make of your gun as they lock it up only to hand you a receipt for pick up when you leave {you used to get to retain the key until you returned for your firearm} I gave first name only an hesitantly gave my number . as I was in a bit of a hurry . this shit is getting ridiculous anymore .well just a heads up if anyone has business in there . have a good day all .

(Bucks County)

Default Re: beaver county courthouse small hasell

Last time I was at Bucks courthouse, they didn't give a receipt, didn't give the key, and did require a whole form to be filled out including serial number. I wish I had a gun with no visible serial number to carry in there just to 'f' with their heads!

(Montgomery County)

I think it would be fun to 80% a 1911 just for that reason...

(Beaver County)

I just lock mine up in the vehicle before entering, just so I don't have to deal with the hassle. The same with my knife and my multi-tool.

(Allegheny County)

You used the word "officer" a number of times..... this was NOT a police officer that you were dealing with at the Beaver County Court House. Was it a Sheriffs Deputy or a security guard?

(Monroe County)

Reading the block o text is a hassle as well.

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/writing/g...-of-the-period
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

It could be argued that the officer was correct. The relevant part of the statute reads:

"Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d)."

Open carry on foot is not a manner of carrying/exception to licensure specified under section 6106(b) or 6109.

Quote Originally Posted by bodymangt View Post
    really simple I used to oc into the courthouse with no incident till today . walk in the front door wait for the officers attention an say , I am armed sir . so as instructed I step through the detector an the second officer asks me for my lctf ! to my reply I don't think I have to show you that . the officer then replies with well how do you think we are going to keep illegal guns off the streets ? then my next reply was . well I am open carry an on foot you do not need to see my lctf . the officer then says well just hold up here lets check the law . then I reply , go ahead I know I am correct for a fact . so i stand there an wait for the leo to read this posting on there wall as if it had the laws on it , it did .I read it with her an what do ya know I was right . so she looks to the other officer working the detector an he just looks at her an says . this guy knows his shit hes ok . so now I find out they have had a policy change as you check your firearm they want a name an phone number an make of your gun as they lock it up only to hand you a receipt for pick up when you leave {you used to get to retain the key until you returned for your firearm} I gave first name only an hesitantly gave my number . as I was in a bit of a hurry . this shit is getting ridiculous anymore .well just a heads up if anyone has business in there . have a good day all .

How long till "Beaver" County is deemed offensive?

They changed "Beaver" College.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!