Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Good database of posted locations in PA?

Jake,
    Just to add my experience. I moved from Chicago to the Philly area. Chicago is awash in 'no gun' signs due to the new CCW law and similar to NC, it does carry the force of law. Looking at apts in both Philly proper and and the burbs, I don't remember seeing any. Found out that it is just PA being a great gun friendly state!

Gentlemen, I feel welcome already. Looking forward to my visit in such a gun-friendly state. I leave tomorrow morning!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by NCJake View Post
    Gentlemen, I feel welcome already. Looking forward to my visit in such a gun-friendly state. I leave tomorrow morning!
    Jake, just be careful not to flash or open carry your sidearm in Philadelphia. That City of the First Order is very anti 2nd Amendment. You can check out you-tube for videos of citizen v. Philly cops encounters. Otherwise, enjoy your visit.

P.S. If you're in the neighborhood of Hershey Chocolate World in Hershey, PA, look up Wilbur Chocolate in Lititz, PA which is only 20 miles away. They sell a 10lb block of milk chocolate to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerII View Post
    Jake, just be careful not to flash or open carry your sidearm in Philadelphia. That City of the First Order is very anti 2nd Amendment. You can check out you-tube for videos of citizen v. Philly cops encounters. Otherwise, enjoy your visit.

P.S. If you're in the neighborhood of Hershey Chocolate World in Hershey, PA, look up Wilbur Chocolate in Lititz, PA which is only 20 miles away. They sell a 10lb block of milk chocolate to die for.
    Thanks for the heads up. I plan on pocket carrying an XDS. The only time I plan to take it out of my pocket is when I store and retrieve before and after the 35 miles crossing of Maryland. After reading stories like this, I am going to unload my pistol, stash it in a vault in the back of my SUV, and proceed without stopping until I am in PA.

After reading about New Jersey, I have decided that if I find myself accidentally crossing the Delaware River from Philly, my best option is a U-turn on the bridge. It is astounding how different the laws are on each side of the PA-MD and PA-NJ borders!

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    We've coined the term "Casual carry", where we conceal, kinda sorta halfassed, and not much of anybody gets twisted about it.
    So in your opinion, a "sloppy" CC where at least the holster is visible below your shirt...do you consider that open carry? I have done that before and still considered it CC.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Susquehanna County)

I do believe "sloppy CC" where the holster peeks out is still CC.

Also, my understanding, open carry while on means of personal conveyance (Motorcycle, bicycle, car, etc) other than walking you need a LTCF. (CCW)
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

I want to thank this group again for all the info and advice. I just returned and had a great trip. A couple of interesting discoveries I will share:

Gettysburg battlefield visitor center: I could find no posted sign on the door. I noticed one plaque that said "Gettysburg Foundation." That led me to wonder whether this was not a federal building or whether it is a federal building lacking clear signage forbidding firearms. My understanding is that firearms are banned from federal buildings.

Valley Forge visitor center: this was indeed posted -- with an approximately 2"x2" sign in a not very prominent spot behind an expanse of tinted glass.

I did not encounter another gun-free-zone sign in five days of travels through your fine state. Very refreshing!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NCJake View Post
    I did not encounter another gun-free-zone sign in five days of travels through your fine state. Very refreshing!
    Great! I suspected as much. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I do believe "sloppy CC" where the holster peeks out is still CC.

Also, my understanding, open carry while on means of personal conveyance (Motorcycle, bicycle, car, etc) other than walking you need a LTCF. (CCW)
    My conversation with sumdood indicated 50% concealed = concealed.

And that's just HIS opinion, and he was no authority.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(York County)

Posted locations???? There are posted locations? Huh! Who knew??? I just figured a legal activity like protecting myself would be...well, legal. Therefor, welcome. Very strange. I shall have to start looking for these supposed signs.

" So sorry, I do apologize! I must have missed the sign somehow. Thanks, I'll be on my way. Here, have one of my cards for future reference. Sorry we couldn't do business. Have a nice day."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12