Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: "You don't know what you don't know," and being the instructor doesn't change tha

I spent a number of years at the Nevada Test Site, where they understandably had numerous nuclear scientists. Brilliant in matters nuclear, yet dumb as dirt when it came to common sense. I remain convinced that the more book learning one gets going into one ear is going to shove something out the other ear.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: "You don't know what you don't know," and being the instructor doesn't change tha

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Wow... if that applies to a field like rocket science (physics/aerospace engineering) then astronauts are fucked... and MDs then we're all in trouble.
    It is real in the engineering world.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Beaver County)

People taking an "advance" class. Should they already be able to put rounds in a 5 x 7? At short range? I don't get out much so that wouldn't be for me.
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I spent a number of years at the Nevada Test Site, where they understandably had numerous nuclear scientists. Brilliant in matters nuclear, yet dumb as dirt when it came to common sense. I remain convinced that the more book learning one gets going into one ear is going to shove something out the other ear.
    Although, if my ticker goes south then I don't care how much common sense my cardiothoracic surgeon has.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234