Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland now Posted as a Gun Free Zone

I was down there in June at Presby's ER and yes they had a walk through metal detector. The girl (21-22) at the counter an UPMC police officer was absolutely adorable in her little uniform with sidearm. I made the ER nurse at Presby's day when she asked if I had anything I wanted security to hold for me? I told her no, I had only one item I would consider that would be needed to be checked with security and I left "IT" locked in my trunk. She had the biggest grin on her face. Then she stole all my cloths off me. I didn't get a chance to remove one piece of clothing, she took every single item off me. Then hands me a gown and proceeded to help me on with it. I'm glad I wasn't the shy type that night. If she hadn't been married I might have asked her if she wanted to go to Las Vegas the next weekend she was off and get married.

My Surgeons office in the Falk building right below Presby on Fifth, I never once saw any No Gun signs when I was in to see her for post surgical check ups.

My PCP's office also UPMC affiliated does have a sign right by the doorway back to the exam rooms. Not in the waiting room but it is viewable from about 1/2 of the waiting room if you were looking for it, the exterior of the building is free of no gun signs.
    Last edited by ALS; August 6th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12