Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rep Santarsiero - Background Checks for Firearms and 48-hour Checks for Gun Shows

Stevie’ is up to his old tricks again!

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=18638

MEMORANDUM

Posted:
    June 25, 2015 03:21 PM

Representative Steven Santarsiero

To:
    All House members

Subject:
    Background Checks for Firearms and 48-hour Checks for Gun Shows

In the near future, I plan to introduce legislation that would include language from HB 1010 of last session (eliminating all but the familiar transfer exception to the requirement of a background check prior to the purchase or transfer of a firearm) and a new provision to permit the issuance of a single background check approval that would remain valid for 48 hours for use at gun shows across the Commonwealth.

Currently, the Crimes Code requires firearm sales be conducted in front of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer, or county sheriff. However, this provision is only applicable to short-barreled firearms. My legislation would remove this applicability provision and require all firearm sales, regardless of the barrel length, be conducted in front of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer, or county sheriff. Ultimately, this legislation would require background checks be conducted for each firearm purchase, which will ensure that individuals attempting to obtain a firearm are authorized to possess such weapons. Familial transfers will still be excluded from the background check requirement as in current law.

Additionally, this bill would include language that allows a person to obtain a 48-hour background check approval to be used at a licensed gun show within the Commonwealth. With such an approval, a consumer could shop during that 48-hour period without having to pay for multiple background checks should he or she decide to make more than one purchase.

Please join me in protecting the residents of this Commonwealth by closing the loopholes that have permitted unauthorized individuals access to firearms, while making it easier for law abiding citizens to purchase firearms at gun shows.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Rep Santarsiero - Background Checks for Firearms and 48-hour Checks for Gun Shows

...Please join me...

No.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Default Re: Rep Santarsiero - Background Checks for Firearms and 48-hour Checks for Gun Shows

Additionally, this bill would include language that allows a person to obtain a 48-hour background check approval to be used at a licensed gun show within the Commonwealth. With such an approval, a consumer could shop during that 48-hour period without having to pay for multiple background checks should he or she decide to make more than one purchase.
    This part is actually a wee bit of an improvement over our current system. Although I'd like to see us adopt WV's system and allow us to present our LTCF in lieu of a background check.

(Cumberland County)

Great. That's like stealing $20 from me, then giving me back $2 because you think it will make it sting less. Nope.

Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(York County)

I have an idea, since you claim law abiding gun owners are not the problem, save the citizens you represent some money: let us use our LTCF, which already includes a background check, to purchase all long guns and handguns at any gun store without another PICS check. Even better, save the state some money and get rid of the gun registry of sale!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Not going to lie... the thought of getting a pre-approval for background check is appealing. You are going to a gun show, might make a purchase... might make several purchases. Why pay the multiple check fees if you can show a pre-approved document and pay no fees? Unless I'm missing something in this idea?

But the universal bit has to go...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Don't fall for the "good part" of ANYTHING this guy says. Acceptance of any part of denial of 2nd amendment right is not the way to go. This nitwit doesn't know what he is talking about, starting with some shows are THREE days.

(Montgomery County)

Sure, some shows are 3 days, but how many of us go to more than 1 of the days? I don't anyways.

I'm with Jhaydeno and Solaran_X though, let the LTCF be good enough. They come and take it the moment you put a foot wrong, so having one really is an effective measure of whether or not someone is legal to own... and ignore this POS Santarsiero's ideas.

(Montgomery County)

When he says "background check", what does this mean? Is t that already in place with the current way to buy guns? I'm 30 and have been buying rifles and handguns since I was 21, clean record. Does he mean medical checks? Or you have to put down a reference? I need some schooling here...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LutherJackson View Post
    When he says "background check", what does this mean? Is t that already in place with the current way to buy guns? I'm 30 and have been buying rifles and handguns since I was 21, clean record. Does he mean medical checks? Or you have to put down a reference? I need some schooling here...
    What it means: You will have to "checked out" by a NYU trained " nut doctor" ( You know the kind. They like smelling there own farts because they think the smell good). Then, since you already own guns, and now you want to get more, you will be declared totally insane and will have to be locked up in a little rubber room for the rest of your life......
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast