Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Central PA group shoot 1

Since this is only a month away, I thought it prudent to get another thread going for it. I'm going to try and link this to the calendar (not sure if that's possible). From the old thread for this I have a rough count of 12 definitely coming and about 5 maybe's. If you are thinking about coming, please post up and let me know so we can setup according to the size of the group. Thanks to all who offered help with this, much appreciated. Hope to see everyone there.

Link to old sign up thread: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=280881

Rob
    Last edited by R L Suehr; June 27th, 2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Link added

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Central PA group shoot 1

I'm forgetful. When is it and where? I plan to attend, but my team is down to 50% manning in the last 4 months. 70 hour work weeks are beginning to suck.

(Lycoming County)

Here's directions to the shoot. This isn't a range so I'll post up some signs at the turn in to the farm.

Directions:
    From I-80 the East or West. Take I 80 to exit 192, Jersey Shore SR880. From the East turn left onto East Valley RD, from the west turn right. Follow this for App 1 mile and turn right onto SR 880 North. Follow SR 880 North for App 6 miles and turn left onto Knarr RD. The road to the farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left, I'll put up a sign here. This is just past Ravensburg State Park on 880, so when you pass the park start looking for Knarr road.

From I 180/ Sr 220: Take the Main St. Jersey Shore exit and follow Main St. to rt 44 South (First Red Light). Turn left onto sr44 South and go over bridge. Follow this for App 3.7 miles and turn right onto Sr 880 South. Follow Sr 880 South for App 3 miles and turn right onto Knarr Rd. The farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left.

From Rt 15: From the south follow 15 North to I-80 West and follow those directions from there. From the North follow 15 south to I 180/sr220. Take I-180 West/ Sr 220 South and follow the directions from there.

If anyone needs more in the way of directions please feel free to pm me.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I'm forgetful. When is it and where? I plan to attend, but my team is down to 50% manning in the last 4 months. 70 hour work weeks are beginning to suck.
    Sorry, the info is on the Calendar now. Here's the original OP from the first thread on this.

Calendar Shoots & Range Trips
    North central PA group shoot

Range
    PA Huntingfool's farm
    Address
    519 Knarr rd. Jersey Shore, PA 17740
    Well here we go with the official thread. The first of the Central PA group shoots will be July 25 at PA Huntingfool's place that he has graciously offered.

This is open to all pafoa members and there families. Please no llamas or 300lb Vietnam vet landlords though. Any one under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian please. This is a free event. We will more than likely ask for voluntary donations to help offset some of the costs, but there is no charge to attend.

This is going to be a little different then the Pittsburgh shoots as this isn't on an actual range, but will be on private farm land. We can alter the line and vary the ranges a little more depending on what people want to bring/shoot. We will have close areas for pistol and shotgun shooting and some farther targets (50-100 yds) for rifle shooters. Pretty much anything target wise is a go as long as we have enough people to clean up afterwards. Personally I'll probably start saving some milk jugs as I like to see them blow up at range. The exception will be tannerite or other explosive targets. I personally don't think that would be a good idea at something like this, due to the numbers of people.

The shoot will start @ 10am, with a short safety briefing and will go until, well whenever. Again there's really no time constraints due to this being private. At some point we'll have to call it to clean up, but we will play that one by ear for the day.

The range itself is a farm field on a mountain side. We will setup some cover for the day and some benches/tables to shoot off of, but be prepared to be out in a field in the sun (probably not the best time to try out your new tactical flip flops). There is a gravel road most of the way there, but it does not go all the way to the range. We will have a couple of 4 wheel drive trucks to take people up and down if they can't walk it. If you are someone with a disability, or are bringing someone with a disability and can't make a short hike up to the range please pm me and I'll see what I can do to help accommodate. Also there are not any bathroom facilities, it's a field, there is an outhouse by the parking area and I will be getting at least 1 porta potty for the day also. We will setup a propane grill and a table for any food anyone would like to bring and coolers for drinks.

Even though this is private ground and a relaxed event there will still be safety rules. Please once the shoot starts keep all firearms not on the line unloaded with the chamber open. The exception will be carried firearms, both oc and concealed. Please leave any carried firearms holstered at all times. We will have people acting as RO's and calling the line. Please listen to whomever is calling line. If you are new to shooting or have any questions as to how this is going to run, please ask them. There are no dumb questions when it comes to safety and guns. If you want to know something before you go feel free to pm me and I'll explain more.

This is going to be a relaxed day of plinking and socializing. We have no time constraints and there will be plenty of opportunity to try out guns. This is not a match or a training course. I hope everyone will be able to come and have a good time. If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, Ravensburg State park is only a few miles away and has free camping sites. It is a nice small state park with a trout stream running through the middle.

Anyone wanting to attend please respond below and let us know how many will be coming and if you are volunteering to bring anything or help out with something. I will post the directions to the event below. Any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Rob
    Hope you can make. Should be a pretty nice drive in the rail.

Link to the calendar:http://forum.pafoa.org/calendar.php?...&day=2015-7-25

and old thread:http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=280881
    Last edited by R L Suehr; June 27th, 2015 at 01:48 PM.

(Clinton County)

Time is flying by and the weather isn't co operating. I have a ton of jugs saved up to shoot and looking forward to the day.

(Westmoreland County)

I'll be there work permitting.

(Allegheny County)

Im out..hope its a great first Central Group Shoot

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    Time is flying by and the weather isn't co operating. I have a ton of jugs saved up to shoot and looking forward to the day.
    I'll have to PM you tomorrow to discuss a couple things. I'm on a camping trip tonight.

(Westmoreland County)

Two weeks away.........

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Two weeks away.........
    Haha, beat me to the bump.

Two weeks to go. Hope to see everyone there.

Hey, anyone dragging Emptymag along. I would hate to have to be the one to post pictures two months from now .

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast