Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Speedloaders or speed strips?

Which do you guys use and how do you carry them?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Speedloaders or speed strips?

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Which do you guys use and how do you carry them?
    I use speedloaders with two of my revolvers. For carry I have a simple nylon pouch that holds 1 on my belt weak side or I simply throw it in my weak side pocket. Both can be equally effective for reloading with practice. Whichever you choose practice, practice practice. Their is a learning curve to doing it fast.

(Monroe County)

Speed strips are very slow to use. I would opt for a speed loader. That said, the speed strips are much easier to conceal. I wear speed strips in a wrap around holder that attaches to my belt. I have both. Speed loader pouches are bulky, easier to throw one in a jacket pocket in the right season.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I use speedloaders with two of my revolvers. For carry I have a simple nylon pouch that holds 1 on my belt weak side or I simply throw it in my weak side pocket. Both can be equally effective for reloading with practice. Whichever you choose practice, practice practice. Their is a learning curve to doing it fast.
    Thanks for the information. I like speedloaders but there aren't a lot of holders/pouches out there for standard, non duty belts. I like how speed strips conceal easier, but I still don't think they are as fast as speedloaders. I think you're right about practice, practice, practice!

(Lycoming County)

Here's the one I have:http://www.midwayusa.com/product/512...u4QaApnZ8P8HAQ
    It's not great, but holds it fine and blends in with the rest of the crap everyone has hanging from there belts. It will work with a standard belt (I use a 1 1/2" gun belt for carry). I will probably upgrade to a leather one at some point, but it just hasn't been a real priority since I don't generally carry a wheel gun much anymore.

(Westmoreland County)

You should really carry both. A speed strip provides for a tactical reload.

It's had to beat De Fatti leather.

http://www.delfatti.com/2011%20Belts,Accessories.html

(Chester County)

It depends on how you carry. Speedloaders are bulky as hell if you just put them in your pocket but are faster on the reload. Speed strips give you six rounds relatively quickly (practice is everything) that lay flat in your pocket. But be advised, depending on the pants and activity I have had the rounds come out of the speedstrip and ended up with an empty speedstrip and 6 loose rounds.

It's up to you and your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post
    It depends on how you carry. Speedloaders are bulky as hell if you just put them in your pocket but are faster on the reload. Speed strips give you six rounds relatively quickly (practice is everything) that lay flat in your pocket. But be advised, depending on the pants and activity I have had the rounds come out of the speedstrip and ended up with an empty speedstrip and 6 loose rounds.

It's up to you and your situation.
    We do not need to know about your pants activities that knock your bullets loose.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

When I carry extra rounds I carry them strong side. The revolver is held support hand for ejection and reload. However I like a second gun over the speed loader and strip.

(Chester County)

I just ordered a safariland cd2 speedloader holder. It should hold my hks speedloader. I was going to carry it strong side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast