Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default thinking of trading in the G17

so i know i have posted on here before about thinking of getting a CZ pistol, and after debating about it even more, i think im going to go to the gun store tomorrow or sometime this week and see what i can do for a trade. I'm looking at the CZ 75 P-07 as it will not be a range toy but my EDC. So i guess the main reason for this thread is to get an idea from the community on what to expect when i talk to the shop, how big of a hit will i be looking at taking. I understand that "upgrades" don't do a whole lot for trade in value, and it looks like the CZ msrp is $510.00, so the Gen3 G17 I have also has the Glock Triggers Skimmer trigger kit, Wilson Combat's Vickers Elite battle sights, the standard 3 mags (id keep one for my g19) and I might have have one or two holsters.

(Chester County)

Default Re: thinking of trading in the G17

It's usually better to post in classifieds and sell there. Very rarely will a gun shop ever give you the amount close to what you'd get if you sold it privately.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

I will give you an honest answer as to a LGS value on your G 17 $275 to $325,Why so Low they need to make a profit so when you find used ones at an LGS that price is expected to be negotiated because of use and so they will most likley sell it for $400 to $425 ! This is an Honest answer,Now Posting in the classifieds will always get you more especially if someone want the up-grades I would think anywhere from $400 to $475.Personally I always wanted firearms that were in stock un altered condition so you will see two types of buyers !Dont Shoot the Messenger pertaining to this evaluation and Good Luck ! On a side note I have taken a loss on a gun to get something that I could not live without,lol. JMO/MDT

No worries about shooting the messangrr i came here for honest input, if i wanted someone to tell me the gun store would give me a cz just fit offering them my glock id have asked my friends who know nothing. As for doing classifieds or personal sale, i live in ny and that in itself is such a pain plus i don't know many people who are in the market for a glock let alone have a license to buy a pistol. And as for the original parts i completely understand that part, that is why i have kept both the original trigger and sights that i would bring with it because they serve no use to me. I'm really just looking for opinion on would it be worth switching to a different platform i know ill be taking a price hit but i hear grest things about cz's

Sorry for any spelling errors and lack of punctuation i am on my phone right now

(Montgomery County)

You could sell to a PA resident and just drive it to the PA FFL. Not sure how close to the border you are. But is the hassle worth the extra $100-$150? You'll have to decide.

The other option is to not sell the G17 and just save for the CZ. There's just something special about the G17...

I agree with MDT's numbers above.

(Montgomery County)

And also you plan to EDC a full size 9mm duty gun loaded with only 7 rounds? Not trying to rub salt in your commie wound, but why not go for a compact since you are limited?

(Chester County)

MSRP on the p-09 is about $500. However, look online before going local if they're pricing that high. Sell the G17 for around $400 to a member in need, buy the CZ P-09 online for $375+$25 transfer fee and you break even! Yes, I've seen them that low.
    http://www.slickguns.com/product/cz-...40?mobile=true

well just left the gun shop and my CV should be in sometime this week so probably around Wednesday or Thursday. thankfully cuz I do a lot of business with them and they do a lot with resale I was able to get it for a straight up trade just had to pay for shipping and transfer fees. ended up having to throw in for mags holster the original box the original trigger the original sites plus the after market insights and trigger

That was a great deal your LGS made with you they are worthy of more business to follow !Give us a report on the CZ when you get it,I hear nothing but good about them,Congrats. MDT

yeah there's a good shop at first it was hit or miss because I never bought anything from them so they're not terrible to people that aren't frequent but once you've been there a lot I bought a couple guns off of them on past year lease 7i think so third they definitely hook me up on this one and the same time just so happen to see a 75 safety model not the decocker lightly used like new mind you that was also going to be the first time I've ever held a cz so saw that I've got it priced at about 375 and thinking maybe next month if it's still there a few weeks if I can have them down a little bit and maybe pick that up as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast