Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Question murder rate in the city

so what do you guys think about the murders in the city?

The 18yr old getting killed at the parking booth makes me want to puke. I wish these punks would kill each other off instead of these hard working youths that are trying to move up in the world.
    Last edited by Jamie Young; June 3rd, 2006 at 07:06 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by rugerp95
    so what do you guys think about the murders in the city?
    It's my personal opinion that the root cause of it all is the breakdown of families within the city. Too many kids growing up with either no or poor male role models.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Default murder rate in the city

I think that the lack of meaningful jobs hurts the situation , as well as a general disrespect for people , it would help if more people would examine what is the motivation behind this behavior , then maybe we could come close to solving the problem

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    It's my personal opinion that the root cause of it all is the breakdown of families within the city. Too many kids growing up with either no or poor male role models.
    Couldn't agree more. The difficulties of trying to raise children by a single parent are overwhelming. And that goes for any parent, regardless of color, or social background. IMO, kids generally become better adults when they've been equally nurtured by a decent mother and father in their youth.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

Default murder rate in city

I think that the parents are also a big part of the "solution - problem" , and if those parents were part of the solution , then they could stop some of the vilolence However , the schools and churches are irrelevent since these creeps are not going to school or church , the drugs that they are selling and using are the problem and until this country can do something about drugs this will never abate let alone stop! It is probably impossible to stop drugs , we have been fighting drugs for a very long time and oit has only gottne worse the violence surrounding this "culture" is not only repugnant but counterproductive to the establishment and perpetuation of a safer society . By the way, eliminating guns is plain stupid, that was tried in various locales with disatrous results . In the meantime get a good lock for your doors and an alarm system for your huse and a dog and last but not least a very goosd gun with a back up!

Default I was once told statistics count

When i lived in Eastern Quebec, i was asked what i thought of the murder rate in Rimouski, 2 people in a year... Sounds great, in Amqui, there was one murder in 2 years, sounds better yet! In Montreal the average is around 60 per year... ouch..

Lets put this into statistics tho
    City Population Murders Ratio
    Montreal 4,000,000 60 0.000015 (lowest)
    Rimouski 10,000 2 0.0002
    Amqui 1,500 0.5 0.000333333 (highest)

As you can see, the murder rate that seems greatest at first, can be the lesser one, its all dependent on the population. Take the murder and divide it into the population, see what the numbers tell you.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

And then there was the couple who came home the other night, to find a woman being raped there. The woman broke free as the people came up, and all three began to run. The perp chased all three down, shot and killed the couple and shot the rape victim, who lived through it all.
    Parentless homes, drugs that take control of someone's life, no value for another human being, gangs that replace the role of parents, all these things add up to what we see today. I believe that the jobs are there for those who want them. Philadlephia is becoming one of the most dangerous spots in the country. I wonder what would have happened if the couple who arrived home to find the rape taking place, was armed...Mike45

Default murder rate in the city

I am upset taht this creep murdered two people after he raped another human being , the Mayor is probably going to say this is just another example of too many guns in the city , well if those two people who were killed in cold blood were carrying a gun or guns they might be alive today , if the rape victim had a weapon -gun knife mace or some other kind of weapon she may not have been attacked . I am not trying to blame the victim's I am sure they just wanted to mind their own business' but it doesn't pay to listen to Idiots in Office telling you that you should not have a gun . You must realize that politician's are running for office , while the rest of us might be running for our lives.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by er2006 View Post
    the drugs that they are selling and using are the problem and until this country can do something about drugs this will never abate let alone stop! It is probably impossible to stop drugs , we have been fighting drugs for a very long time and oit has only gottne worse the violence surrounding this "culture" is not only repugnant but counterproductive to the establishment and perpetuation of a safer society .
    The solution to the problem is right smack in front of your face.

But as a country, you've grown too stubborn to even consider it. So the vicious circle keeps on, and on, and on and on....

The problem is not the drugs, its the criminals, tHe solution is to take the ciminals out of drugs, and you would do this by destroying the inmense profit margin of selling drugs. Yes, make it legal, but controlled.

Thats it. Problem solved. No more drug crime, no more drug killings, ect. No more people in jail for possesion, you get the point. There's no need to install a police state to combat drugs.

Its the same logic as, "its not the guns, it the criminals", I cannot understand how more people dont realize this.

Lets pay more attention to logic, common sense and science, rather than politicians.
    Last edited by LorDiego01; September 4th, 2006 at 05:45 PM.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast