Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Charter arms 1965-1970 anniversary model 38 cal. Silver back strap serial #138###

Does anyone have any info on this gun ??? I can't find anything ,it is 1st generation it came in a nice wooden box please help

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Charter arms 1965-1970 anniversary model 38 cal. Silver back strap serial #138##

I have a few charter arms pistols - most are nice guns. Not familiar with that one but give them a call - they are very nice to deal with and outstanding customer service and are lightening fast with repair service. I sent them an old 38 I bought to tune up and it was just over a week fixed and returned. Sounds like a good find. If you decide to sell pm me - lol.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: Charter arms 1965-1970 anniversary model 38 cal. Silver back strap serial #138##

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I have a few charter arms pistols - most are nice guns. Not familiar with that one but give them a call - they are very nice to deal with and outstanding customer service and are lightening fast with repair service. I sent them an old 38 I bought to tune up and it was just over a week fixed and returned. Sounds like a good find. If you decide to sell pm me - lol.
    I tried charter arms and was insulted by there response the offered to trade for a new gun or a quote of $450 for it. From the information I have acquired it could be a presentation gun and could be one of a kind, i would appreciate any help you might give. Thank you, Harvest

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    I tried charter arms and was insulted by there response the offered to trade for a new gun or a quote of $450 for it. From the information I have acquired it could be a presentation gun and could be one of a kind, i would appreciate any help you might give. Thank you, Harvest
    Interesting, I'm surprised they offered you $450 for it and / or trade - have never heard of a gun company doing that? Charter Arms are not very expensive guns, and I have not seen many go for high $ - even "fancy ones" or ones in presentation cases. But sounds like you have something unusual so I think you are correct in holding onto it. I don't think its necessarily worth a lot of money, but definitely has the "neat" factor! Got me looking into it more now - lol.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

How about some PICs ?

Sorry about multi pics was not sure how to download pics

(Cumberland County)

Nice gun. If I were you, I'd just hold onto it. I know you felt they low balled you at $450 - but I think that is probably the right price - I don't think you would get that at a gunshop for sure - seeing they need to make some money on the re-sell. Wonder if Charter Arms wanted it for themselves ? I may be mistaken but I don't think they make a habit of taking trades. Maybe retail you could get a little more ? It is definitely unusual though with that back strap engraving - I haven't seen one like it. Congrats on having a nice, unique piece.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"