Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Warning: Federal Court Rules that 2nd Amendment Right, Reason for Cops to Detain you

Last edited by BF750; June 22nd, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Warning: Federal Court Rules that 2nd Amendment Right, Reason for Cops to Detain

Can you bother posting content in the thread itself so people will know what the hell the topic is referring to? Thanks.

Default Re: Warning: Federal Court Rules that 2nd Amendment Right, Reason for Cops to Detain

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Can you bother posting content in the thread itself so people will know what the hell the topic is referring to? Thanks.
    He is new Lighten up Francis! This is why new Members run off. BTW look at your Post count #. See whats next ?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

In a stunning violation of 2nd Amendment rights, the U.S. District Court of Western Michigan ruled police have the legal authority to detain individuals that choose to exercise their constitutional right to open carry a firearm. Open Carry is also specifically allowed under Michigan law.
    The ruling means that people in Michigan who choose to exercise this constitutional right are now subject to being stopped by law enforcement for engaging in a completely lawful activity.
    Officers detained Johann Deffert in early 2013. He was walking down the sidewalk with a holstered FNP-45 pistol, after receiving a 9-1-1 call from a woman who spotted Deffert with the open carried, but holstered, handgun on his person.
    The dispatcher initially informed the caller that Michigan is an open carry state. However, the woman subsequently explained that she found Deffert’s presence alarming, due in part to his wearing of camouflage, although she admitted that he wasn’t threatening anyone. Somehow the dispatcher made the decision that someone engaging in a completely legal activity, as earlier in the call noted by the dispatcher, should now be inspected by police, due to caller saying they found wearing camo disturbing.
    The absurdity in logic; that someone wearing camo takes the situation from being a completely legal situation not to be interfered with, and raises it to a level of needing police assistance, shows the extreme arbitrary nature of the entire situation.
    - See more at: http://thedailycoin.org/?p=33938#sthash.RJZy3O65.dpuf

(Berks County)

The 3rd link in op is for the court document. I'm not a lawyer so my opinion of what I read is probibly wrong. That said, it states the cops need more training in open carry law and that the cop's unconstitutional action was not sanctioned by the city so you can't sue for damages.

(Pike County)

Sorry, I'm not as computer savy as most. Tried putting up some thing like what Gunsnwater did, just looked like scrambled eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    He is new Lighten up Francis! This is why new Members run off. BTW look at your Post count #. See whats next ?
    Thx for the defense. I don't run from anybody, words don't bother me.

Gunsnwater, Thx for the help

(Monroe County)

Yes- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post

I'm good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BF750 View Post
    Sorry, I'm not as computer savy as most. Tried putting up some thing like what Gunsnwater did, just looked like scrambled eggs.

Thx for the defense. I don't run from anybody, words don't bother me.

Gunsnwater, Thx for the help
    So it's that hard to use both fingers on a mouse? Or you pulling a Fred and trying to just use a stupid phone?

Anyway on topic- that is some bullshit.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

The gov will always protect itself first. At least it acknowledged the need for better training in the area of 2nd A. Rights. OP no problem, everyone has a learning curve on how to post what they want. Then the site gets upgraded and you have to learn new "stuff". I liked the old way of putting in pictures because you could lift them, now it's a coded refrence that doesn't mean anything.