Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Anyone with bad experience OCing in Wayne county?

I'm talking about the Honesdale, BeachLake, Berlin Township, Damascus area. I only open carried my shotgun a few times on foot when I went out for a walk at night. Shotgun was slung on my back. I don't have a LTCF. A few cars drove by when I was open carrying, no car stopped, no one said anything. What was your experience carrying around this area? Another question I had in mind...it seems like a lot of the negative encounters with LEO is with local police. A place like Berlin Township is patrolled by the PSP, would an open carry encounter with PSP be different?
    Last edited by Will3212; June 21st, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Anyone with bad experience OCing in Wayne county?

Wayne county is great, good sheriff also.

(Monroe County)

I have OC'd in wayne without any issues. I have OC'd in Milford, Pike County quite a few times and even on the towns 200 yr anniversary with thousands of people most from NJ and NY plates
    without any issues. That was not planned. We took a drive to Milford to walk around and have lunch and when we got to town they had all this stuff going on.
    Block parties, bands, etc., Cops were riding two up even. No issues. Hawley, no issues. Poconos, no issues. Lake Wallenpaupak area many times, no issues. Walked into WA WA in Blakslee RT115 and rt940 a few weeks ago at 1:30AM with GF.
    Go in to order some sandwiches and three cops are in the back having coffee talking it up. They looked at me of course, nothing was said. I was OC'ing my new Walther P99 IWB with shirt tucked behind it.
    Most areas you should be good to go. Good Luck!

(Lackawanna County)

My husband's never had an issue around Honesdale, Greentown, Gouldsboro, or those areas. Of course, he wasn't carrying a freakin' shotgun, either. :rollseyes:

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    My husband's never had an issue around Honesdale, Greentown, Gouldsboro, or those areas. Of course, he wasn't carrying a freakin' shotgun, either. :rollseyes:
    would you say it's a bad idea to open carry a shotgun slung on your back, while going out for a hike or walking your dog? I mean it's not an AR15 or anything, just a 6 shot pump shot gun.

(Lackawanna County)

I would say it's retarded to walk around with a shotgun, unless you're hunting, or live in a battlezone, or just like the attention.

(Bucks County)

Is there anything holding you back from getting your LTCF? Like the other replies, I carry all the time around Greentown, Hawley, honesdale. Never any comments. No spread eagle on the hood gymnastics.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    Is there anything holding you back from getting your LTCF? Like the other replies, I carry all the time around Greentown, Hawley, honesdale. Never any comments. No spread eagle on the hood gymnastics.
    According to the Wayne county sheriff Mark Steelman's site, you can only get a LTCF if you're a full time Wayne county resident. I'm a part time resident, I have a home in NY and a home in Wayne county. I don't know, should I still apply for one? I don't have any NY license or permits.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    According to the Wayne county sheriff Mark Steelman's site, you can only get a LTCF if you're a full time Wayne county resident. I'm a part time resident, I have a home in NY and a home in Wayne county. I don't know, should I still apply for one? I don't have any NY license or permits.
    What state do you claim permanent residency in? If NY, you will have to have a NY carry permit before you can even apply for a PA nonresident LTCF. If PA, just apply for your PA resident LTCF and be done with it.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryMick View Post
    What state do you claim permanent residency in? If NY, you will have to have a NY carry permit before you can even apply for a PA nonresident LTCF. If PA, just apply for your PA resident LTCF and be done with it.
    What would be considered permanent residency? I work in NYC. I'm in PA on weekends, whenever I'm off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast