Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default ...So I got arrested for OCing... in my own residence.

HERPADERP, it's what I get for having a door/living with someone/living in a city with cops. It totally couldn't happen to _____, so there should be no cause for concern.
    Last edited by ragequit; June 23rd, 2015 at 06:29 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ...So I got arrested for OCing... in my own residence.

So, nobody ever showed you the link to "don't talk to the cops"? Good luck. What I read was a very long story that boils down to ,"not calling the cops is a mistake, the cops screwed me without lube but, because I told them a joke or two so they'd know I was a fan, they slipped it in to the hilt slowly but still gave me the whole length. I sure hope they give my gun back some day, but if they don't, I sure hope it goes to a deserving Officer's kid".

Pretty close? I wish you luck but I think you got raped!

(Philadelphia County)

...You didn't bother reading that, at all, did you?

He asks if I want to be interviewed. I suspect it’s get interviewed or arraigned, so I chuckle and say “sure.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver
    I wish you luck but I think you got raped!
    ...No shit. Of course, I got screwed. That's the whole point. My 2A AND 4A rights were violated and this whole mess was totally absurd.
    Last edited by ragequit; June 18th, 2015 at 10:59 PM.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I got aboput halfway through, slippers, mudhole, washcloth on head op, got really bored and skipped down to "they ain't giving my gun back" or something like that and thought, "He should have watched the 'don't talk to the cops' video". Talking to the cops is gonna make your lawyer say he isn't happy. However, what he really means is, "Wow, that didn't help you at all, but, it did sound an awful lot like the 'Cash Register Symphony' to my ears".

Please , don't get me wrong. I think you got screwed. I also feel really bad for you. You made some mistakes. We all do. I have. I hope you get your gun back. I hope you get past it unscathed. Mostly, I hope you and everybody who reads it, learns from it.

To any whiners reading this (not talking to you RageQuit) note that I did not say anything bad about cops. didn't need to.

(Philadelphia County)

...thanks for not reading, but still feeling compelled to give me ignorant advice, ignorantly.

Yes, I know that GENERALLY it's best not to talk to cops. AGAIN, I seemed to be looking at silent arraignment for a bullshit felony, or taking my chances with talking and released. You act like I'm some kind of idiot who incriminated himself. Not only did I not, but I don't think I even could have in this particular situation.

Why THAT'S what you got from this is truly amazing to me. Now I remember why I lost interest in posting here.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I think you did well, and kudos for posting here in the "anal exam" forum. Do you plan on filing a complaint against the cops, and is there any chance that Beardo will face a charge for making a false report? I'll bet it wasn't the first time he's done that.

(Allegheny County)

"It happened to me..."

You asshole!

You got what you deserve!

If you would have _____ then none of this would have happened!

RACIST!!!

I'm betterer than you!!!

Just didn't expect that on the first reply. Sheesh.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Manxdriver, it's a really dick move to kick someone while they are down. This clearly wasn't his fault. You'd know that if you actually took the time to read an important post someone in our community confided in us about.

Ragequit, I'm really sorry this happened. It seems like some lies and butt hurt got you into a bad situation. It was a good thing you weren't charged. Seems like the things to do now are 1) get your gun back 2) Pursue legal action towards beardo for the false report?

Honestly I can't see you getting very far with any sort of recourse. I just hope you get your gun back and your LTCF renewed. If either of those things don't happen, it would probably necessitate you to turn it up a notch.

(Lycoming County)

I agree with scruff, you did the best you could. I don't think "not talking to the police" would have worked out very well for you. In fact your demeanor just might have saved you a felony charge, I don't know if I could have kept my cool that way. I definitely think you need to seek out an attorney, just to discuss your options. I'm gonna bet you have a fight ahead of you to get your gun back.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I think you did well, and kudos for posting here in the "anal exam" forum. Do you plan on filing a complaint against the cops, and is there any chance that Beardo will face a charge for making a false report? I'll bet it wasn't the first time he's done that.
    That's partially why I posted this. I figured others should know that this happened, since it seems so egregious... but I got a strong impression that nothing at all's going to happen to Beardo. The detective knows he filed a false report, and I made it clear to the local cops each time I was there to get the damn receipt. They certainly don't care. I don't think that anyone can do much for that, at this point. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong, though.

Honestly, I think they were trying a bizarre spin on the infamous craigslist scam ('Oops, I sent you a check that's too much. Deposit it and keep $100 for your trouble, but send me the remainder'). Mason owes me far more than the security deposit, but wanted to "exchange checks," with me giving him the security and him giving me some of the rent owed. It's insane. No competent person would ever agree to it. When I refused, Beardo's threatening me. I didn't know they were together until afterwards, I thought he was just some random crazy on the street.

And yes, I'd like to file against the cops/city, assuming a lawyer wants to take the case. I was waiting to see if I'm getting jerked around with the gun first, though. One step at a time. I'm really curious as to what the incident report says about entering the premises... or if it simply makes no mention of it. Since my GF didn't arrive until I was already detained, it would just be my word vs the cops' - although, if they omit it, I'm not sure how they'd explain my arrest. That I just willfully walked outside?
    Last edited by ragequit; June 18th, 2015 at 11:52 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast