Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: ...So I got arrested for OCing... in my own residence.

You did well but I would strongly suggest getting a PA 2A lawyer. You may have a case against the city.

Don't trust anyone on craigslist. Your "roommate" screwed you over there. Once the hobo-hipster started threatening you should have either 1. closed the door and went on your way or 2. called the cops on him for terroristic threats.

The fight ahead for your firearm back is going to be an uphill battle. Be prepared and lawyer up.

Good luck and thanks for your after action report
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    PAFOA Feedback

(Bucks County)

Call Jon Mirowitz. He can help.

(Lackawanna County)

What were you wearing? Was it suggestive? Did you flirt maybe unconsciously with the cops? Because that's how you get raped, you know.

Fucking victim blaming, as usual.

I've been in the "interview or arraignment" position before. Had I not interviewed, I would have spent at least a night in jail and had an arraignment, so I understand why you handled it the way you did.

People like to spout "don't talk to cops," but I'd wager that they never faced felony charges. It's easy to "not talk to cops" when you're pulled over for a speeding ticket, or at a checkpoint, but it's another story when the rest of your life is on the line.

Of course, that's assuming that your truly innocent of that which you are accused.

I hope that you can get your gun back and get on with your life ASAP.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I think you did well, and kudos for posting here in the "anal exam" forum. Do you plan on filing a complaint against the cops, and is there any chance that Beardo will face a charge for making a false report? I'll bet it wasn't the first time he's done that.
    I bet it'll be handled like my false accuser..., nothing. DAs simply don't have time to go after shit like that.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Scary story. Good post. I hope you get your gun back. No more room mates, you hear that no more. It's pretty shitty to not read the whole post and then start ripping a new behinde on the poster. Maybe Manx was drinking? By the way Molly, he was wearing slippers. and pee.
    Last edited by Gunsnwater; June 19th, 2015 at 04:08 AM.

(Bucks County)

OP, and the rest of you. MY APOLOGIES! Seriously. First, I sat in a class all day and listened to a guy drone on about molecules and electrons and blah blah blah. I seriously read 1/2 way through and then started skimming. MY fault. Yes, I think you should have NOT talked to the cops. Have I done it myself? YES.

I have no excuse for responding the way I did other than , maybe I shouldn't read long posts when tired and in a bad mood. I really do hope you get your gun back, and there is a lot for everyone to learn from what you posted. Personally, I plan to read it again, slowly, after I get over another day of droning lectures and electrical training.

Again, my apologies to the OP and to my friends here who pointed out my bad behavior and reaction to the original post.

(Lancaster County)

Well this isn't so much as a defense for Manxdriver but I understand where he was coming from. I had the same kind of day but it's been going on for a week. When I read the post I was trying to determine credibility, as in was this a story written for amusement like some other well known epic threads. After a crappy and tiring week I am cynical of everything. At the time, I wisely chose not to respond.

Op, I hope you get your gun back and things turn around for you. It's easy in hindsight to think I would have ignored Beardo but knowing my sarcastic streak I would have probably been in a far worse position on arrival of Leo. I'd never survive in philly.

On on the occasions that I ignored my internal filter due to emotions running high after a high profile mass shooting, work related stress or going for a quick if not tasteless, dark humor laugh, I was infracted. We really don't know who another member on here is even after all the time spent back and forth over the years. Unless we've met them and spent significant time together we just don't know who they really are as a person. I've read a lot of Manx post and was thinking just like he was. I couldn't recall much about Rage and was thinking "This post has been approved by Wakefield". A new morning and a very different perspective.

(Blair County)

here is the link to don't talk to police . it will make you think twice about talking to them .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc#t=212

(Bucks County)

Yet another story that makes zero sense as written.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast