Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Vote YES to Semi-Auto for Hunting in PA

http://triblive.com/news/fayette/857...#axzz3dJjWD8zM

I would very much enjoy using several of my Semi Autos to hunt game in PA. Would save me much$$ from having to buy bolt action and break action in the calibers I already have in Semi-Auto.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Vote YES to Semi-Auto for Hunting in PA

The initial allowable use, if passed would just be for Coyote and Fox but it's a step in the right direction. From what I've been told, all States who allow semiautomatic firearms started this way before expanding allowable use.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    http://triblive.com/news/fayette/857...#axzz3dJjWD8zM

I would very much enjoy using several of my Semi Autos to hunt game in PA. Would save me much$$ from having to buy bolt action and break action in the calibers I already have in Semi-Auto.
    Sorry, but I would vote against it, I understand people's investments in semi auto arms, but they were bought with full knowledge that they could not be used for hunting.

Now I think game deserves a tiny handicap. It cannot shoot back so the hunter is safe. Only the game is game. So what is big deal if the hunter has to be able to hit his target without the advantage of being able to fire multiple rounds in fast succession? You either can hit the target or you cannot. That is the sport of it. Sport is what I think it is about.

Semi autos are allowed here in wv and the woods are like a Rambo movie

[for the record I hunted both pa and wv last season and came up empty handed in both places]
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Beaver County)

Keep in mind, the magazine capacity will be limited to 5 rounds. I can't remember if it has to be a 5 round magazine or only 5 rounds can be loaded, plus one in the chamber. With some of the manual actions out there and how they operate, I really don't see much of a difference between using a semiauto vs a pump, lever, or bolt action. But everyone is welcome to their opinion. Whether it goes into effect or not will not change my firearm inventory any.

(Delaware County)

I think these semi auto bills shouldn't specify the type game to be hunted but just make them legal to use and allow the PGC the authority what is hunted with them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Sorry, but I would vote against it, I understand people's investments in semi auto arms, but they were bought with full knowledge that they could not be used for hunting.

Now I think game deserves a tiny handicap. It cannot shoot back so the hunter is safe. Only the game is game. So what is big deal if the hunter has to be able to hit his target without the advantage of being able to fire multiple rounds in fast succession? You either can hit the target or you cannot. That is the sport of it. Sport is what I think it is about.
    Your logic as usual is flawed, a semi WILL NOT make up for lack of shooting skills, one can either hit what their aiming at or they can't.

So instead maybe pass a law for the use of single shot only, cause you know that's all you really need.

I have target Ruger 10-22 from years ago and Remington 7600 that were not permittable for hunting when I moved here 15 years ago. Would love to get them out in the woods for hunting again. JMO/MDT YES TO SUNDAY HUNTING AND SEMI-AUTO BEING ALLOWED !

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Sorry, but I would vote against you owning any firearms period. Sound ridiculous? In my humble opinion so does your sporting argument. You presume that people want to use semi-auto's so they can "fire multiple rounds in fast succession" . Frankly I think that couldn't be further from the truth and is the same logic shared by anti-gunners. You want to make hunting more sporting, ban hunting from tree stands and any other man made elevated hunting structure. Hell that isn't hunting that is ambushing (Sarcasm), or maybe we only allow archery?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Your logic as usual is flawed, a semi WILL NOT make up for lack of shooting skills, one can either hit what their aiming at or they can't.

So instead maybe pass a law for the use of single shot only, cause you know that's all you really need.

I have to side with Cyclops on this issue - and I will vote a BIG NO on allowing semis for hunting Penn's Woods.

Your argument may hold water with YOU.

However, I have witnessed too many yahoos at gun ranges that ignore the Game Commission range regs of 3 shells per weapon, and try to play Rambo - before I take issue, make myself the range sherrif and inform them they are breaking regs, and even though I do not like the idea of "dropping a dime to the MAN" - that I will do it in a NY minute unless they play by the rules or LEAVE. These are the same folks that mutilate target backings and posts, leave trash, and i suspect tag a few graffitti markings like they are a predator marking it's territory. (It makes my blood boil).

Once again, I believe you when you stated you would not let the lead fly machine-gun style with your fast trigger finger, but I don't buy that 90% of the rest of semi owners would.

I own a couple of semi auto rifles - they are 22 cal and intended for plinking at my private range - as fair play intended.

If they do legalize semi-autos, I would still choose to use my pump or bolt action rifles - because as cyclops explained - it is good sportsmanship and follows the rules of fair play. (yes - even on Coyotes - which I consider to be anything but vermin like most other folks.

Whatever happened to "one shot one kill"?

I'll tell you what I think happened to it.

The young guys (biggest demographic of semi auto purchasers) don't want to hear about it because they could not produce a killer Go Pro/Youtube Video with a boring "One Shot One Kill" harvest.

I say "Tough Cookies".

I VOTE NO.
    Last edited by varmintblaster; July 2nd, 2015 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast