Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Vote YES to Semi-Auto for Hunting in PA

It is like how some of the residents from other states respond to being able to carry in a bar or booze serving establishment. They think blood will run in the streets, despite other states having had legal carry in boozers for a long time without issue.

(Somerset County)

I'm OK with semi's for hunting, it would be nice to be able to use my 10/22 for something besides range time. Would I buy a new semi for deer huting? Probably not, although one of those Ruger carbines in 44 mag would be just the ticket for some of the crap I bust through while deer hunting.

Another option and no good reason not too.

Dale

I have a M1 wanting to go out. I have been considering converting a gas cylinder to make it manual but maybe I will wait.
    Cost a little more to do than a sks.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    The act of loading only 3 rounds is a dumb rule though and I wouldn't/haven't got my panties in a bunch over just that.
    "Three only rule" prevents someone from loading 4 and shooting only 3 and for some reason think the weapon is empty.
    A tragic (or stupid) mistake occurs and someone is dead.

IMO , that rule is about as stupid as the "All Clear, Weapons DOWN" when it is time to chec/change targets.

In this case Stupid saves Lives.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Time to get with the times and lose the fudd mentality. .
    Junior - did anyone ever teach you to respect your elders.?

If not, it could result in a costly error in the future.

If yes, you were not paying attention and could face consequences.

Some elders don't deserve respect, often times they are the same elders that think they deserve respect just because they are old. Respect is earned, not given.
    Last edited by dkf; July 2nd, 2015 at 11:56 PM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    To categorize all semi-automatic owners as careless/reckless hunters despite the fact that PA is a STAND ALONE state in prohibiting their use, sounds like the cheap debate trick to me.

The comment in a previous post that folks shouldn't buy a particular rifle because it isn't currently allowed to be used regardless of game species or caliber in 1 state in the U.S. is in my opinion asinine. Maybe you are the one without any ground to stand upon.

PA is a conservative state.
    If you don't like it,leave, or do something about it.

I do my part by writing my legislators to vote against any measure to allow.

You have the right to your views, so do I.

Sunday Hunting -I am undecided on that one. I think it is because I am greedy.

I hunt crows & coyotes hard during the late fall and winter months. It sure is nice to be alone out there.

Not sure if I want to share the woods.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
    "Three only rule" prevents someone from loading 4 and shooting only 3 and for some reason think the weapon is empty.
    A tragic (or stupid) mistake occurs and someone is dead.

IMO , that rule is about as stupid as the "All Clear, Weapons DOWN" when it is time to chec/change targets.

In this case Stupid saves Lives.
    I'm not getting how the amount of rounds in the gun changes anything if a ceasefire is called and weapons are cleared. I understand maybe you only shoot 3 round groups and like to check targets in between, but the majority of people don't do it that way. I would bet the majority of people shoot several groups between changing targets or going down range, so your just reloading more often. Since an "all clear" could be called at any point, then it would depend on if you just reloaded or not if you had any rounds in the gun. If you just put three in and "all clear" is called then you would have to unload and clear anyway. If you had 20 in a mag and shot 5 groups of 3 rounds when " all clear" is called you would have to do the same thing.

(Lycoming County)

Junior - did anyone ever teach you to respect your elders.?

If not, it could result in a costly error in the future.

If yes, you were not paying attention and could face consequences.

I do my part by writing my legislators to vote against any measure to allow.

You have the right to your views, so do I.

Sunday Hunting -I am undecided on that one. I think it is because I am greedy.

I hunt crows & coyotes hard during the late fall and winter months. It sure is nice to be alone out there.

Not sure if I want to share the woods.
    Respect is a two way street sir. Condescending, name calling, and telling people to "get out" isn't showing anyone any respect. In turn your not going to receive it. In fact I lost plenty of it for you with those two posts.

PA is hardly a conservative state anymore. If you didn't realize that in the last presidential election and gubernatorial election then you clearly missed something. Our 2A rights are under assault all the time anymore. If allowing semi auto hunting gets more people involved in the sport then that's more people involved in shooting, gun ownership, and thinking about their 2A rights, which is a good thing. If this is the only issue you care to write your legislators about, and I hope it isn't, then your time would be better served helping to promote the cause of protecting our rights more than trying to keep PA the last hold out state when it comes to hunting with what you want.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Respect is a two way street sir. Condescending, name calling, and telling people to "get out" isn't showing anyone any respect. In turn your not going to receive it. In fact I lost plenty of it for you with those two posts.

PA is hardly a conservative state anymore. If you didn't realize that in the last presidential election and gubernatorial election then you clearly missed something. Our 2A rights are under assault all the time anymore. If allowing semi auto hunting gets more people involved in the sport then that's more people involved in shooting, gun ownership, and thinking about their 2A rights, which is a good thing. If this is the only issue you care to write your legislators about, and I hope it isn't, then your time would be better served helping to promote the cause of protecting our rights more than trying to keep PA the last hold out state when it comes to hunting with what you want.
    Condescending, name calling, and telling people to "get out" isn't showing anyone any respect. In turn your not going to receive it. In fact I lost plenty of it for you with those two posts.

The exact terminology I used was :

Kindly note that I used a general term, it was not directed at YOU,, and it offered a choice.

Many people use metaphors such as that to convey their message:

similar to

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Before, you lose any more respect for me - No - I am not saying you wear aprons and hang out in the kitchen all day.

I'm saying you should develop a better grasp of the English language.

secondly, I am aware that our 2nd Amendment rights are under attack.

I vote, communicate my thoughts regarding proposed legislation with my representatives, and I also speak my mind freely without concern that the
    big bogeyman opposed to my rights may overhear me discussing this topic.

I do not blindly follow or believe in any cause.
    If I did, then Obama would have rid me of my guns 4 years ago.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast