Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: SBR engraving in SWPA around Pittsburgh?

Looks good! He said this is 5/16" tall, he wanted it the same size as the factory lettering, and this is the receiver side opposite the ejection port.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Venango County)

I like it and the price and quality of work can't be beat. Have a few more form one projects that they will be doing for me in the future. Thanks for posting the picture for me Josh.

(Washington County)

I had my AK engraved on the bottom of the receiver by the mag well and my MP5 receiver engraved on the side of the mag well. Both were about 1/8" tall lettering and it is perfect! She charged me $15 each but based on the time it takes her to set these up and run them she will raising her prices a little. I don't blame her. I would of payed double or more considering there is no one else in the area and sending it away would of cost me over $50 each.

She was willing to stay late for me so I could come by after 5pm when I get out of work. Very nice lady and she used to be a .22 national champ when she was a kid so she is a gun person.

Her engraver has some minor limitations. She can't do 3D work, like letters curving over a surface. Flat, 2D only. That certainly covers the majority of receivers. Also it's a large engraver head, so you couldn't do the front of an MP5 mag well with barrel in the upper because the tool head would contact the barrel.

Make sure you strip the guns you take to her down to just a barreled receiver, short of removing parts that are gunsmith worthy. For example, I brought her the AK with the pistol grip, hand guards, and BCG removed. I would of removed the dust cover but it is hinged on the M92 pistol. I brought her the MP5 with the stock (pistol end cap for now), BCG, lower/FCG, hand guard, and rear sight removed (to protect the rear sight from damage and it comes off with a screw driver). That makes her job easier.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

I had an AR receiver engraved at REC Gunworks in Bolivar, Westmoreland County. Great job, he uses a 3 axis cnc mill and it's $25 for basic NFA markings.
    www.facebook.com/R.e.c.gunworksllc

(Washington County)

Awesome! Another good resource. That's actually a town I grew up close to, very small and off the beaten path.

(Washington County)

Dropping my M92 off at TriState Design tomorrow after work. I'll post pics when I get it back.
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Washington County)

Melissa at TriState Design in Claysville did a great job on my M92!

"Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Huntingdon County)

We are more central PA but we are an 01/03 SOT and can laser engrave SBR markings and logos. Here is an AK we just did under the trigger guard. We blacken all engravings so it blends in very well. We do several lowers per week so if you want to stop in we can usually turn it around within the hours, just call ahead and set up an appointment. Or mail it to us and we'll mail it back to your house. We can also engrave a new lower and have it ready for pickup/transfer, or mail to an FFL near you, we keep Spike's, Anderson's, and were about to have the PSA stealth lowers in stock. Our average price is $50 for most firearms. Here are a few recent pics:

AK-SBR-Engraving-1024.jpgar-15-lower-custom-engraved-with-nfa-engraving-1024.jpgSBR-engraving-under-trigger-guard-1024.jpg

www.raystownguns.com
    814-381-0515
    Last edited by RaystownGuns; August 1st, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
    NFA Dealer

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by smack231 View Post
    I had an AR receiver engraved at REC Gunworks in Bolivar, Westmoreland County. Great job, he uses a 3 axis cnc mill and it's $25 for basic NFA markings.
    www.facebook.com/R.e.c.gunworksllc
    I went up there this morning for a sbs project I've got going. He set up the cnc machine and did a sample engraving on a block of aluminum before doing my shotgun. All while I waited. Nice guy with a small part time shop worthy of some of my future business. Just be sure to call first as this is a part time operation.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaystownGuns View Post
    We are more central PA but we are an 01/03 SOT and can laser engrave SBR markings and logos. Here is an AK we just did under the trigger guard. We blacken all engravings so it blends in very well. We do several lowers per week so if you want to stop in we can usually turn it around within the hours, just call ahead and set up an appointment. Or mail it to us and we'll mail it back to your house. We can also engrave a new lower and have it ready for pickup/transfer, or mail to an FFL near you, we keep Spike's, Anderson's, and were about to have the PSA stealth lowers in stock. Our average price is $50 for most firearms. Here are a few recent pics:

AK-SBR-Engraving-1024.jpgar-15-lower-custom-engraved-with-nfa-engraving-1024.jpgSBR-engraving-under-trigger-guard-1024.jpg

www.raystownguns.com
    814-381-0515
    Waiting on my Form 1 stamp. as soon as I get it, I'm driving over to your place(From StateCollege Area). Can it be done in walk in base while I wait there?
    Last edited by Mity2; October 2nd, 2015 at 04:43 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast