Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Considering a Glock 30s...

Not really considering other .45's. I have 1911's. Looking for a striker fire .45 and having a 42,19,23, and 26, the Glock platform is familiar and I like familiarity.

What I want is general opinions. Things for consideration are preferred types of range/hd ammo, sight options, as well as holster options. Glock 30s is my gun of choice at this time and though I have not shot it, I have experiences with all types of .45 barrel lengths.

Default Re: Considering a Glock 30s...

After selling my Stoeger Cougar 8045 I was on the hunt for a new .45ACP as that is what I had ammo for and knew that is what I wanted in a firearm still.

I did my reasearch and came upon the Glock 30s. I heard they were hard to find & I called around and only one place had them. That was Trop Gun Shop. So I went over and it fit my hand like a glove.

- Plenty of holster options out there for it. I myself have two for mine. One being the Vigilance Tactical Secret Sentry IWB all Kydex holster. Great construction, but for me it hurts to wear. Has great retention though! My second holster is a Hidden Hybrids IWB holster that uses leather and Kydex in combination kind of like a COMP-TAC MTAC or Crossbreed holster. I love my Hidden Hybrids holster. Overall construction and feel is high quality.

- Mine eats everything I give it. I've put PMC Bronze, American Eagle, Winchester PDXI, Hornady Critical Defense, Winchester White Box. 185gr/230gr loads.

- You have a wide variety of sight options too. From Glock factory NS to Trigicon. Even supressor sights are available if you are into that.

- I find that the recoil is very manageable and not what I was expecting from a smaller framed .45ACP pistol.

(Berks County)

Glock 30 is nice, the 30s is nicer. Better capacity than the M&P45c. You are making a good choice. Needs good sights right out the box.

(Philadelphia County)

I fired a G30 years ago and loved it. I own a 19 now as one of my edc but if I came across a 30s at a reasonable price I'd add it to the rotation.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Chester County)

The 30S is my primary edc. You will not find a smaller package that holds 10+1 rounds of .45acp. The gun isn't full sized, but it's not a subcompact either. It's VERY accurate and reliable. The slide on the 30S makes a huge difference when you carry it. The only drawback is it has a little more muzzle jump due to the lighter slide weight.

If you get one, I highly suggest switching out the factory magazine bases with ones made by Pearce. The Pearce ones give you a lot better grip and make a big difference, imo.

(Lancaster County)

These are all great opinions guys, I thank you all!