Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default recent changes to Florida CWP

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    FL has now extended their lisc to 7 years, same price. The renewal is not 117.00, but something like 65.00, the 117.00 includes the processing of fingerprints and is a 1 time deal.
    XD40coyote,

I stand corrected on the term of the license (now 7 instead of 5 years), I had not believed that that was in effect yet - thank you.

The cost of renewal has historically been different for Florida Residents vs Non-Residents as Non-Residents must submit a new fingerprint card upon applying for renewal.

The last draft I have a copy of for Florida Senate Bill 948 (which was to change the term of the license and address some questions as to residency and nationality) offered no provision for change as to costs, which had been $75 permit + $42 for fingerprints = $117 , or $75 for permit + $39 and a possible local service fee for in state scanned prints = $114+).

I'll drop an email to the folks in Florida to confirm this, but as of my last renewal less than 2 years ago, cost was $117 and as a Non-Resident you had to reapply with ALL info such as a new print card, proof of training, info on prior convictions, etc ... as if it was a New Application.
    Last edited by BCI Instructor; July 24th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable

Default Re: Florida Non-Resident Carry Permit

Quote Originally Posted by PA-Joe View Post
    Take a look at the FIST-Inc Options

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
    Do you have any experience carrying using these? I have looked at them but kinda wrote them off since I can find "prettier" holsters for around the same price. That being said - it doesn't matter to me, if they work great then I'd buy them over a pretty one that doesn't work as well. Anyone use a FIST holster? I think at this point I am leaning closer to the Blackhawk IWB holsters or a BladeTech holster. Any info is appreciated!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

Ok, so I'm stuck between this BlackHawk holster and this Blade Tech holster. Does anyone have any experience with these holsters? Any recommendations? I plan on wearing an undershirt to go underneath the holster so that it doesnt come into contact with my skin, and then another shirt over that to conceal. Is this a normal way to carry or does everyone just go skin on holster?

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

So I got the BlackHawk CQC Inside Pants holster for my Beretta. I print like crazy in this thing. Its a comfortable holster to have on, this is my first time trying to conceal - but I wasn't uncomfortable with it on, no rubbing or anything of the sort just from working around the house. The main problem is that I can't draw from it very well. It does have a retention screw, but even with it at the very loosest it is hard to draw from. The connection to the belt is loose, and I think that is the problem. The loop connection isn't very tight and it sticks out from the belt - adding to its ability to print so well. When you try to draw, there is too much "free" space for the holster to ride before it meets the resistance from the belt. Every time you draw you have to reposition the holster since it moves so much every time. Are all holsters like this? Or would a holster with a certain belt connection be better since it is made for a 1.5" Belt?

My next purchase is almost certainly going to be an XD, but I can't decide because I don't want to get the bigger XD .45 Compact and not be able to conceal that either. So I'm thinking about getting the SubCompact - but can't decide on the 9mm or the .40 caliber? Any help is appreciated!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123