Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Some recent interactions

I was at Home Depot a couple weeks ago trying to buy a shop vac. The model I was after with the special purchase option was hiding and I was left standing there for quite awhile looking like a dumbass. A younger guy and girl walked by and I heard the girl " So that's what people do around here, just walk around with a gun"? And around the corner they went, I didn't catch the guys reply. A few minutes later they were coming back and the girl asked if I was security, she noticed the gun etc. The guy looked at me and said "It's The USA right"? I did my best to explain about open carry, that if you're a gun owner an LTCF is a good idea. The girl said the guy has a gun and license and she was thinking about concealed carry. Chatted a little more.

Stopped to to get gas another evening, woman with a little kid at the counter. She was letting people go ahead while she scratched her lottery tickets. The kid was a handful and I saw him notice the gun. "Here it comes", he snuggles up to her leg and I hear "Mommy he has a gun". The others in line laughed it all off, she told him I wasn't going to shoot him and I was probably a cop or security? Repeated the probables a couple more times questioning. I was tired from a long day and a little irritated with the kid's behavior, her lottery shenanigans at the checkout and people in general so I just half smiled and ignored them. Why should I say who or what I am and why.

Different day, getting gas and coffee at a Rutter's. Four police officers, one was already inside when I got there, the other three then got there and came in while I was getting my stuff. Not a word was said or hairy eyeball given. I wasn't sure at first. Never had a problem around here or my travels with work. Almost always positive comments from people. Reminds me of another. Outside a friend's apartment, pajama boy kind of guy walking his little dog. Looked at me, my gun in holster and back at me and gives like a snort/smirk/laugh thing. Lol. I have some news for him, his complex doesn't have the best reputation. I wish him and his dog safe travels. I ignored the whatever it was and said "evening".

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Some recent interactions

The coppers will gladly shoot pajama boy's dog for you now that u r pals!

(Lancaster County)

As someone from lancaster, where did you get gas?

I know a few years ago, someone from here and I met up at Wawa in Ephrata to chat when they had tables outside. We were both OC'ing. Some guy came up and was friendly but said "With a LTCF you have to conceal right?" I think we each bet him $100 if he could find it on his LTCF since he had one. He couldn't. He gave us his business card "Vibrator inspector".

That was it. Although two or three Ephrata Police cars drove by at the same time while we were there. This might have been 2008-2009?

I can't remember when that was. It was shortly after someone at wawa called 911 to report a man with a gun talking to an employee, with a holstered firearm. . The cop followed me in my car from wawa all the way into Ephrata by their police department. He turned into their station, I said fuck it, turned around went into their station and asked what the deal was for tailgating. He got defensive but was ok about it. Came back a few hours later with a Right to Know request for the report. Got it a few days later.

"Caller stated male is standing in the store, ordering food and talking to an employee, holstered firearm. Acting normally." Then "Observed male enter the vehicle, followed while getting veh reg info, then cross checked for a valid LTCF."

Then I went to borough meeting after to get them to change their bullshit no guns ordinances in their parks and rail trails.

I'm alittle more careful around Ephrata and Akron now with open carry though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    As someone from lancaster, where did you get gas?

I know a few years ago, someone from here and I met up at Wawa in Ephrata to chat when they had tables outside. We were both OC'ing. Some guy came up and was friendly but said "With a LTCF you have to conceal right?" I think we each bet him $100 if he could find it on his LTCF since he had one. He couldn't. He gave us his business card "Vibrator inspector".

That was it. Although two or three Ephrata Police cars drove by at the same time while we were there. This might have been 2008-2009?

I can't remember when that was. It was shortly after someone at wawa called 911 to report a man with a gun talking to an employee, with a holstered firearm. . The cop followed me in my car from wawa all the way into Ephrata by their police department. He turned into their station, I said fuck it, turned around went into their station and asked what the deal was for tailgating. He got defensive but was ok about it. Came back a few hours later with a Right to Know request for the report. Got it a few days later.

"Caller stated male is standing in the store, ordering food and talking to an employee, holstered firearm. Acting normally." Then "Observed male enter the vehicle, followed while getting veh reg info, then cross checked for a valid LTCF."

Then I went to borough meeting after to get them to change their bullshit no guns ordinances in their parks and rail trails.

I'm alittle more careful around Ephrata and Akron now with open carry though.
    Good job following up.

(Lancaster County)

You shoulda looked at that kid and asked "I guess you never heard of the constitution, motherfucker?"
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You shoulda looked at that kid and asked "I guess you never heard of the constitution, motherfucker?"
    We need shirts made dammit. Preferably in hi vis orange. So I did almost break out in laughter because when she said "he's not going to shoot you" I pictured myself, with a straight face, loudly exclaiming " I'm going to blow your effing head off"! Not a good example for open carriers though. I can't help I have gallows humor.

Unknown- it wasn't me although I am in Ephrata quite a lot and never an issue that I know of.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks. I was nervous and pissed all at the same time.

Also maybe I've bumped into you once but never said anything. Did you OC at Walmart a few times during the winter?

(Monroe County)

Same non issues here. 2 weeks ago heading back on RT 80 got off in Blakeslee at the WA WA for gas. Pumped the gas than decided to go in with GF and get a sam-ich, of course OC. Walked in and three cops were in the back chatting and drinking coffee at 1:00AM in the morning. Nothing was said. We went out side and was eating on the hood of the car because it was a great night out and all three drove behind us when leaving. The police cars have dark windows so I could not see in. Maybe they ran my plate? Each one drove real slow behind us then moved on, there are other and closer exits to get out of the parking lot.