Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default New Jersey carry permit?

I may be working some half days in New Jersey. I like to keep my gun in my car or on me. I know this wont fly in NJ even though I have my PA permit. Where can I fond info on an NJ carry permit? Do they exist? I hear NJ is not gun friendly. For the time being im just not going to bring my gun with me days im travelling to NJ. Thanks for replies.

Default Re: New Jersey carry permit?

Here you go.

http://monsters.monstrous.com/unicorns.htm

I'm not saying it's impossible to get one, but NJ residents have a tough enough time obtaining one, so it's probably a near-impossibility for a non-resident.

Here's some actual useful info:

http://www.usacarry.com/new_jersey_c...formation.html

The application:
    http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-642.pdf

Four photographs of the applicant: one and one-half inch square, head and shoulders, no har, light background, and taken within the last 30 days must accompany this application.
    Each person applying for a Permit to Carry and Handgun must supply a letter of need, specific in content, as to why they have a need to carry a firearm in the State of New Jersey. If this application is employment-related, then your employer must supply this letter.
    If you're getting this to use during work hours or because of your job, NJ wants a letter from your employer!

Good luck.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; June 10th, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

You have a better chance of finding a unicorn in a rainbow then you do of ever obtaining a carry permit in NJ. Unless you are a very rich man, a judge, know a judge or are BonJovi it will NEVER happen.

I work in NJ 5 days a week and my pistol stays locked in my car on the PA side of he border.

I'm also pretty sure they don't issue out of state permits ever and they sure do not honor them. Don't be the next guy asking the gov for a pardon, leave the gun in PA.

Also in case you are wondering...PA does not honor the NJ permit and NJ does not honor a PA LTCF.

New Jersey Does Not Honor Permits from these States (all 50 states+more):

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, New York City, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, American Samoa, District of Columbia, N. Mariana Islands

Quote Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
    I hear NJ is not gun friendly. For the time being im just not going to bring my gun with me days im travelling to NJ. Thanks for replies.
    I don't think anyone is going to give you better advice than you gave yourself. To many citizens who expect New Jersey to honor the Constitution have been ensnared by their Nanny state philosophy. Fuck New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Also in case you are wondering...PA does not honor the NJ permit and NJ does not honor a PA LTCF.

New Jersey Does Not Honor Permits from these States (all 50 states+more):

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, New York City, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, American Samoa, District of Columbia, N. Mariana Islands
    They also stopped honoring all intergalactic permits so if you were thinking about getting a non res Mars permit to beat the system Uranus is out of luck.

If you decide to apply, please post the results for us. I would love to know how quickly they deny an applicant. It should be looked at as more of an experiment rather than an actual attempt to carry a gun in NJ or exercise any rights at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JL911 View Post
    If you decide to apply, please post the results for us. I would love to know how quickly they deny an applicant. It should be looked at as more of an experiment rather than an actual attempt to carry a gun in NJ or exercise any rights at all.
    I would avoid applying for an NJ permit because a denial (for any reason, in any state) may not look good in the future. If the applicant moves to another state, sometimes the application for a carry license asks the question 'Have you ever been denied a carry permit from another state?' Lying on the form is very bad, and saying that you were denied a permit (ie: NJ) is also bad.

Here's what happened to the last poor bastard who applied for a NJ carry permit.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...-twp/28461361/

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I would avoid applying for an NJ permit because a denial (for any reason, in any state) may not look good in the future. If the applicant moves to another state, sometimes the application for a carry license asks the question 'Have you ever been denied a carry permit from another state?' Lying on the form is very bad, and saying that you were denied a permit (ie: NJ) is also bad.

Didn't think about this. Very true.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast