Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default My recent Taurus Firearms experience**update!!

Well to start off I will state that I've always been touch and go and a little weary of Taurus guns. I recently saw 3 Taurus revolvers cheap 2 used 1 new. I bought all 3. I got to the range and tested all of them. Fist the used 941 was having issues throwing lead shavings in my face and getting hung up but would still fire. At this point I was peeved. Now I tried the new Orange box model 85 from their current line "making better firearms" It worked as advertised and I really like it to be honest. I like the new designed grip and finish it just feels nice. So i finished my session with a used Taurus 94 3 inch barrel. Well it would light strike every couple tries missing on 3 out 9 shots one cylinder light fired on 5 out 9 chambers. So that is my experience on function of the 3 guns now to customer service. The two went back to Taurus for repair a week apart and its been 7 1/2 weeks on the one gun and its still being repaired. Taurus customer service reps don't seem to care more like its the normal.

My view on this situation as I sit here is yes Taurus will fix your gun free of charge or replace it so no worries there. If you buy a used one there's a decent chance you'll be using the warranty. I like the new Taurus and I appreciate that they are focusing on better quality and better made guns now but my Taurus buying future is shaky and to be determined at this point.

I will update post when I get them back.
    Last edited by chrmm22sr; June 15th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: My recent Taurus Firearms experience

Just bought a TCP. Was concerned about the brand but the price was cheap enough I figured I'd take a flyer on it. Thus far I have been pleased with it. had a few failures to feed the first time out but that mag was covered in factory oil and grease, with the other mag the gun ran great. I've since cleaned the oily mag and plan on running another 100 though it this week. If all goes well I can call the purchase a success. However I think its important to note the TCP is the only gun in Taurus's line up made in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Austin10 View Post
    Just bought a TCP. Was concerned about the brand but the price was cheap enough I figured I'd take a flyer on it. Thus far I have been pleased with it. had a few failures to feed the first time out but that mag was covered in factory oil and grease, with the other mag the gun ran great. I've since cleaned the oily mag and plan on running another 100 though it this week. If all goes well I can call the purchase a success. However I think its important to note the TCP is the only gun in Taurus's line up made in the U.S.
    My TCP ran fine for about the 1st 300rds. Then the inside of the mag catch started getting bumped into the lock position while firing.
    always used the same ammo in it , but that first batch must have had the bullet seated a bit deeper.
    Ammo in question is Blazer brass 95gr I believe.
    Filed the inside of the catch down a good bit and no problem since.
    Makes a nice pocket gun , tiny bit bigger than my keltec 3AT and not sure which I like the best.
    I can only recall ever sending one gun back to the factory but did use the customer service for replacing grips that was supposed to come on a gun.
    Found the service to be fast and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    My TCP ran fine for about the 1st 300rds. Then the inside of the mag catch started getting bumped into the lock position while firing.
    always used the same ammo in it , but that first batch must have had the bullet seated a bit deeper.
    Ammo in question is Blazer brass 95gr I believe.
    Filed the inside of the catch down a good bit and no problem since.
    Makes a nice pocket gun , tiny bit bigger than my keltec 3AT and not sure which I like the best.
    I can only recall ever sending one gun back to the factory but did use the customer service for replacing grips that was supposed to come on a gun.
    Found the service to be fast and friendly.

I had the same issue in my TCP when using WWB flat nose rounds switches to perfecta and Silver Bear for practice ammo and never had an issue after with that. I do get the occasional click and no bang with the steel cased stuff but that's the ammo not the pistol. The pistol would sometimes eject strait back towards my head and face which is common with the TCP. I dedicated to send it in last November too test the customer service waters and I had it back in less then 2 weeks with the correct work done too it and it's been excellent in just about every way since.

Purchasing a used revolver requires very through inspection too many idiots buy revolvers and abuse them especially by playing Hollywood when dropping and closing the cylinder. OP they will come through for you so hang in there.

How is that perfecta stuff in .380?
    Shoot a lot of silver bear in the Mak but not in anything else.
    I found some blazer brass on a super secret sale and really hoarded some.

(Montgomery County)

Would you really want a Taurus in a serious situation?
    I'd rather have a gun in my hand then a cop on the phone.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    How is that perfecta stuff in .380?
    Shoot a lot of silver bear in the Mak but not in anything else.
    I found some blazer brass on a super secret sale and really hoarded some.
    I've never shot the .380. I've shot the 9mm and their .223 and they worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Austin10 View Post
    However I think its important to note the TCP is the only gun in Taurus's line up made in the U.S.
    The Curve is also made in the USA. Due to Saturday Night Special import laws, you can't sell guns as small as the TCP unless they are at least assembled domestically. Not sure where the G2 PT111 is made but people have had great things to say about them as well, the 709 slim is too.

(Lehigh County)

I'm sure they will eventually get me back 2 working guns. I found the TCP $179 new and have been considering it but im unsure honestly on Taurus.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Lackawanna County)

My husband bought one of their 1911's when they first went on the market, and it hasn't had any problems yet, and he shoots the shit out it.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast