Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default SGC Range off RT 6 near Lake Wallenpaupack - Anyone visited it lately?

I'm looking for a quick and inexpensive place to try out the new XD MOD.2 I'll be picking up this week and found this place. Sounds simple and inexpensive enough without the commitment of joining a private range, and its 30 minutes from me. I'm aware of the $30 range use fee which is fine. Just looking for opinions from anyone who visited it.

Thanks in advance for any insight! (and yes, I read the thread below re this range)
    Last edited by UnimatrixZero; June 5th, 2015 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Update
    Your life as it has been, is over...

(Delaware County)

Default Re: SGC Range off RT 6 near Lake Wallenpaupack - Anyone visited it lately?

A hunting license is cheaper than the range permit. As long as you have had a prior hunting license or a have had a hunter safety course just get a new license..

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: SGC Range off RT 6 near Lake Wallenpaupack - Anyone visited it lately?

It's a crapshoot. I've been there some days and been ok. Other days I've packed my stuff and left because of what goes on. I never shoot without something on my hip that's loaded. I don't care if it runs me the risk of a ticket. I can pay that I can't pay dead. I finally broke down and bought into the private club. If the club wasn't having an event open to the public this Saturday I'd take you but it's going to be a busy place

(Pike County)

Thanks guys...

(Pike County)

I was there last weekend on 100 yd rifle side. That was fine, but the short range side sucked. Typical for the weekends during summer. was loaded with idiots from NY and NJ. I can guarantee you that not one of them had hunting or range permit. Don't go alone, stuff has been known to walk off while your fixing your targets down range. My daughter is usually with me.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by BF750 View Post
    I was there last weekend on 100 yd rifle side. That was fine, but the short range side sucked. Typical for the weekends during summer. was loaded with idiots from NY and NJ. I can guarantee you that not one of them had hunting or range permit. Don't go alone, stuff has been known to walk off while your fixing your targets down range. My daughter is usually with me.
    Appreciate the info!