Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default temporary hunting licenses

Can I buy a seven day small game license today? 6/4/15
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: temporary hunting licenses

If you are still a Pa Resident, just get a Resident hunting license. ($20.70) and you can hunt small game. The 7 day small game license is for Non-Residents and is $31.70.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lawrence County)

It's for my dad whom is a non resident. I went to walmart to buy one and the lady yelled at me saying it's impossible.

He's only here for a few days, and I wanted to get him a small game license so he could go out with me with one if my other rifles...

what are you hunting this time of year? Hunting license holders need a certificate they completed a Hunter education safety course. or a license from heir home state. "SmallGame" is not in season, I think the only thing thats open is woodchuck and some varmints .
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=576240&mode=2
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=596046&mode=2
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Your father has to buy the license in person. He has to provide a photo ID to prove he is of legal age, where he is a resident, etc... At one time you had to show your hunter safety education card or a prior year license but this is no longer asked. Or, at least in my case and at all the shops I frequent, the question is no longer asked. I am betting that if I read the fine print when signing my license I am stating that I meet the legal qualifications.

As bigandy says, "small game" is not a season. Small game is a game animal classification that includes quail, pheasant, rabbit, turkey, squirrel, groundhog, etc... Most of these have their own season and some overlap others.

Here are some examples from http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=576240&mode=2

SQUIRRELS, Red, Gray, Black and Fox (Combined): Special season for eligible junior hunters, with or without required license, and mentored youth – Oct. 10-16 (6 daily, 18 in possession limit after first day).

SQUIRRELS, Red, Gray, Black and Fox (Combined): Oct. 17-Nov. 28; Dec. 14-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 29 (6 daily, 18 possession).

RUFFED GROUSE: Oct. 17–Nov. 28, Dec. 14-24 and Dec. 26-Jan. 23 (2 daily, 6 possession).

RABBIT (Cottontail) Special season for eligible junior hunters, with or without required license: Oct. 10-17 (4 daily, 12 possession).

RABBIT (Cottontail): Oct. 24-Nov. 28, Dec. 14-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 29 (4 daily, 12 possession).

PHEASANT: Special season for eligible junior hunters, with or without required license – Oct. 10-17 (2 daily, 6 in possession). Male pheasants only in WMUs 2A, 2C, 4C, 4E, 5A and 5B. Male and female pheasants may be taken in all other WMUs. There is no open season for the taking of pheasants in any Wild Pheasant Recovery Areas in any WMU.

PHEASANT: Male only in WMUs 2A, 2C, 4C, 4E, 5A and 5B. Male and female may be taken in all other WMUs – Oct. 24-Nov. 28, Dec. 14-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 29 (2 daily, 6 in possession). There is no open season for the taking of pheasants in any Wild Pheasant Recovery Areas in any WMU.

BOBWHITE QUAIL: Oct. 24-Nov. 28 (4 daily, 12 possession). (Closed in 5A, Open in all other WMUs.)

HARES (SNOWSHOE RABBITS) OR VARYING HARES: Dec. 26–Jan.1, in all WMUs except WMUs 3B, 3C and 3D, where season will run from Dec. 26-29 (1 daily, 3 possession).

WOODCHUCKS (GROUNDHOGS): No closed season, except on Sundays and during the regular firearms deer seasons. No limit.

PORCUPINES: Sept. 1-March 31, except during overlap with the regular firearms deer season. (3 daily, season limit of 10).

CROWS: July 3-April 10, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only. No limit.

STARLINGS AND ENGLISH SPARROWS: No closed season, except during the antlered and antlerless deer season. No limit.

WILD TURKEY (Male or Female): WMU 1B – Oct. 31-Nov. 7 and Nov. 26-28; WMU 2B (Shotgun and bow and arrow) – Oct. 31-Nov. 20 and Nov. 26-28; WMUs 1A, 2A, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 2H, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4A, 4B and 4D– Oct. 31-Nov. 14 and Nov. 26-28; WMUs 2C, 4C and 4E – Oct. 31-Nov. 20 and Nov. 26-28; WMU 5A – Nov. 5-7; WMUs 5B, 5C and 5D – CLOSED TO FALL TURKEY HUNTING.

SPRING GOBBLER (Bearded bird only): Special season for eligible junior hunters, with required license, and mentored youth – April 23, 2016. Only 1 spring gobbler may be taken during this hunt.

SPRING GOBBLER (Bearded bird only): April 30-May 31, 2016. Daily limit 1, season limit 2. (Second spring gobbler may be only taken by persons who possess a valid special wild turkey license.) From April 30-May 14, legal hunting hours are one-half hour before sunrise until noon; from May 16-31, legal hunting hours are one-half hour before sunrise until one-half hour after sunset.

Not to bust your balls but it sounds as if you are a bit unfamiliar with the licensing and seasons. Make sure you are hunting in the correct season, know your daily limit, and verify there are no special rules for the PGC Game Management Region where you hunt. A small error on your part can be very expensive and easily turn in to legal issues. In some cases PGC can confiscate your firearm, vehicle and any equipment used in an illegal harvest.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    what are you hunting this time of year? Hunting license holders need a certificate they completed a Hunter education safety course. or a license from heir home state. "SmallGame" is not in season, I think the only thing thats open is woodchuck and some varmints .
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=576240&mode=2
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=596046&mode=2
    I'm shooting ground hog which DOES NOT go out of season.... (however, they do hibernate in the winter, so TECHNICALLY their season ends when it gets cold....)

And my father is retired Navy... I do not believe he would need the hunters safety course....

Believe it or not.... there are a FEW people in PA that hunt OTHER animals than deer.....

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    I'm shooting ground hog which DOES NOT go out of season.... (however, they do hibernate in the winter, so TECHNICALLY their season ends when it gets cold....)

And my father is retired Navy... I do not believe he would need the hunters safety course....

Believe it or not.... there are a FEW people in PA that hunt OTHER animals than deer.....
    Everyone requires a hunter safety course. The only exceptions are:

1. those who were grandfathered many many many years ago that had already had a hunting license prior to the safety course inception.
    2. those who have taken a hunter safety course in another state
    3. those who can prove they have had a hunting license prior.
    4. those who are currently in the armed forces
    5. those who are applying that served in the armed forces of the United States or in the United States Coast Guard and discharge or separation under honorable conditions within six months of the date of application.

Even WCO's are required by the letter of the law.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!