Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default DOJ finalizing rule change for Trusts, LLC and Corporation's

We knew that there has been talk about requiring Trust's to follow the same requirement's as individual's. Found this while surfing.

"The Department of Justice is planning to finalize a proposed rule to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. As proposed, the rule would; (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; and (3) modify the requirements regarding the certificate of the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO)".

http://reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgenda...&RIN=1140-AA43

Default Re: DOJ finalizing rule change for Trusts, LLC and Corporation's

if you look at the dates in the box, final action isnt until december this year. so nothing has changed yet.

(Wayne County)

I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Washington County)

Looks like I have a deadline for completing my silencer purchases.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Looks like I have a deadline for completing my silencer purchases.
    Me too.

When they are finished officially dicking around the ATF will enact the 41P.

BTW I am still waiting for a response to my comment. Has anybody received a response to their comment yet?

(Erie County)

I did a blog on this topic and also on using a trust to purchase an NFA item, in my example I used my suppressor purchased last year.

http://www.teamrob0t.com/2015/05/29/...a-41p-and-you/

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Good blog, thanks for the link! FYI, ATFE has quite a few more inanimate objects in their sites to put the screws to by next year. Trying to get info out of them has been an exercise in frustration, but it seems like AR/AK lowers that are built up as pistols may be ending up as NFA items. Please don't hold me to that as fact, I'm still trying to get answers. Sort of like the "you can see what's in the bill after it's passed".

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mannymacfly View Post
    I did a blog on this topic and also on using a trust to purchase an NFA item, in my example I used my suppressor purchased last year.

http://www.teamrob0t.com/2015/05/29/...a-41p-and-you/

(Butler County)

As posted here, they did it (released a finalized rule).

The initial highlights:

1. Anyone who is a "responsible person" on a trust or LLC or S-Corp must do the prints/BG check tango.
    2. They eliminated the CLEO signoff requirement for individuals. It's now CLEO "notification." Welcome to cans, Philly.
    3. They are making it somewhat more palatable for those without LLC, Corp, Trust to actually die by making it possible for the executor to posses the NFA item if they are not prohibited.

I'm scratching my head wondering who slipped a mickey of reason into their drink.

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    As posted here, they did it (released a finalized rule).

The initial highlights:

1. Anyone who is a "responsible person" on a trust or LLC or S-Corp must do the prints/BG check tango.
    2. They eliminated the CLEO signoff requirement for individuals. It's now CLEO "notification." Welcome to cans, Philly.
    3. They are making it somewhat more palatable for those without LLC, Corp, Trust to actually die by making it possible for the executor to posses the NFA item if they are not prohibited.

I'm scratching my head wondering who slipped a mickey of reason into their drink.
    If there was any reason to it, they would have abandoned the rule change entirely since well over 99% of the 200,000+ comments OPPOSED the rule change. But at least they didn't entirely fuck us over - guess they didn't want to kill their cash cow, so they had to do something to make it easy for people to acquire NFA items (and that delicious $200 tax per item) while looking like they were doing something about NFA trusts.

(Lackawanna County)

Yeah I can't wait to see the look on my sheriffs face when I drop a form 4 for a suppressor on his desk for my notification and he can't do shit about it. That's going to be a good time. Otherwise this whole lets fuck with everyone with a trust thing can eat a bag of dicks

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast