Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Quakertown Meet and Greet BBQ

Since the event forum is kaput, I thought I'd put this here.

My stepson Hogiebear posted it as an event on May 30th, but now it can't be updated or replied to.

We'd like to have a BBQ/get together for the East Side POOFERS. Of course the Western folks and others are more than welcome too, especially if they bring some of those maple-bacon donuts. We don't discriminate even though yinz talk kinda funny.

I know it's short notice, but we were thinking that Saturday, June 27th would work the best. That's the weekend after Father's Day. Just a get together of gun and freedom loving folks, with some good food and drinks. Anybody who'd like to put up a tent in his field are welcomed to, that way you can partake in some adult beverages and not have to worry about piloting home.

Well behaved kids and pets are ok too. We have enough of our own here that aren't. Hopefully the pool will be up and running by then too. He's been working on getting it ready for summer.

If if anyone is interested, you can PM me or Hogiebear. Hope to see you there!

-RI

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Quakertown Meet and Greet BBQ

Man so much going on that weekend for me in terms of plans, but im glad to finally see a East Coast get together formulating especially local, grew up in quakertown...

I hope this materializes for you guys, wish i could make it that weekend

(Bucks County)

I might be available that weekend... send over the info.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Weekend bump!

There's probably going to be a bunch of Marines coming too. Hogiebear posted it on the 2/2 page.

So come on down to Quakertown! We're actually outside of town, about a mile and a half from Ridge & Valley.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Montgomery County)

Bummer, I'm right down the road, but can't make it that day

(Bucks County)

Another weekend bump!

Thanks to everybody who's shown interest and those who plan on coming. It seems like a small turnout so far, but we kind of expected that with the short notice. Hopefully a few more folks will decide to come. Either way, it will be a good time. It's always nice to meet some fellow POOFERS. All those I've met so far have been great people.

There should be quite a few former and active duty military there. My kid's buddies are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, his better half is currently deployed for another month or two and won't be able to be there.

Like I said before, there will be kids there too, so it will be a family friendly event. There's plenty of room if anyone wants to pitch a tent and crash overnight.

Open carry is optional and any current/retired LEO coming are kindly asked not to shoot the dogs.

Anyone who who wants to come, PM me for directions. It's about 5 min from the Q-town exit off the NE extension, and 10 min from 78. Hope to see you there!
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Lycoming County)

Too close to the holiday for me to get off work unfortunately. If I'm heading that way in the truck that weekend I might try though for a little bit.

(Montgomery County)

I can probably make it! Please PM me the details.

(Bucks County)

Would stop by for sure, But going to a crabbing event in Somers Point. Hope everyone has a great time.

Brian

(Bucks County)

Last bump.

Ok, so it looks like the weather is going to suck. I'm hoping that they'll get the forecast as wrong as they did last weekend. Probably not though. Oh well, we're not gonna let a some torrential downpours and potential local flooding stop us.

May just have to BBQ in the barn and hang inside. If anybody else wants to come over, we'll be here either way. Besides, what else have you got to do on a miserable Saturday afternoon? PM me and I'll give you directions.

Anyone who doesn't make it because of the weather won't be looked down upon or neg-repped. We may be diehards but we're not ducks. I'm not planning on spending a whole lot of time standing outside in the rain.

I'll see whoever makes it there.

-RI