Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA House gets ballistic fingerprinting bill and gun lock bill

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    As far as your side note goes I obviously can't speak for Dan and Doug but I would think that they are waiting until the group is officially incorporated in the commonwealth before stepping too far forward.
    Bill is correct in his assumption. We do not feel comfortable jumping into the ring yet when we are not even a legal entity let alone actually a non-profit. We're moving as fast as we reasonably can with the process but it's a slow one and I unfortunately still have a day job.

The last thing we want to do is start sticking our necks out too far only to have them chopped off because we don't seem legitimate.

Rest assured that it's not for lack of concern or commitment, it's simply that pro-gun groups are constantly put under a magnifying glass and the last thing we want to do is give anyone ammunition to undermine us and our message.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Carbon County)

Frenchy, I've NEVER gotten a spent shell in an envelope with any new gun...you have? maybe they're just out to get you personally
    ;-)

Obviously everyone KNOWS the bullet fingerprinting is total BS as being useful to law enforcement. Its merely a backdoor "reasonable" ploy to the ignorent masses to favor REGISTRATION.
    If it passed then it would legitimise the illegal PAStatePolice "record of sale" registry.....all the controvercy and legal wrangling over the PSP violating law would be moot.
    Even if it doesnt have a snowballs chance of passing it allows the Dems to be able to say they fullfilled their campaign promises and "took a tough stance on crime" and pass the buck for their failure to properly combat crime under their tenure.
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(York County)

I plan to do all I can to help beat back all these anti gun bills cropping up like weeds lately. But just in case, I think some spare barrels might be a good thing to have on hand.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Farbmeister View Post
    Use lead bullets (the go splat better) or simply shoot your weapon. Each bullet will change rifling a bit and also the markings on the bullet.

We really, really need to get shows like CSI off the t.v. ppl see that crap and think that all you do is find a bullet and MAGICALLY there is a computer progam that finds the bad guy.

Ever notice that 99% of the people that the t.v. databases 'match' ARE KNOWN CRIMINALS? Rarely do ppl connect those dots.
    Roger that. ballistic marking change with shooting. People are way too gulilble when it comes to guns. They believe everything they see on t.v.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Roger that. ballistic marking change with shooting. People are way too gulilble when it comes to guns. They believe everything they see on t.v.
    All the more reason to contact those on the Judiciary Committee and educate them. If it makes it to the Assembly floor, then contact your Reps/Senators and educate them as well. Make them understand that:

- First and foremost, these bills are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, not only as per the US Constitution, but the PA Constitution as well.
    - These bill(s) are useless attempts to portray an illusion of security
    - That we would rather preserve the right to protect ourselves than sacrifice it for the illusion of security
    - That they won't get our vote or support in any election if they support bills which infringe upon our unalienable rights protected by the Constitution.

Get active people! Like others have said, the antis are trying to inundate the Judiciary with bills in the hopes that something gets through. We need to be thorough and unwavering in telling Harrisburg that we want NONE of these bills to even make it to the floor, much less voted into law.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12