Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default old resident of monroe county now in New York

This forum shows monroe county will accept non resident permits for processing. but according to information I recieved from the courthouse in Stroudsburg they no longer will process non resident permits. I have held a resident permit for pa issued by monroe county for the last 20 yrs and would like to continue it. I do not as of this time have a new york permit and from what I have been told I would have to have one from here(NY) to apply in another Pa county. I would like if possible to have someone clarify this for me if possible. joe

(Chester County)

Default Re: old resident of monroe county now in New York

By Commonwealth statute, an LTCF cannot be issued to a resident of another state unless ...

18 Pa CS §6109
    (e) Issuance of license.--

(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:
    (ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury under 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(19) (relating to definitions).
    Last edited by tl_3237; June 2nd, 2015 at 10:45 AM.
    IANAL

Default Re: old resident of monroe county now in New York

In your case you will need a non restricted carry permit from NY to apply for a non res. ltcf. Not sure how likely that is in your area, as it varies county to county. AFAIK Monroe will not a issue non resident ltcf. You would need to search around or sue Monroe County for no following the law.
    FUCK BIDEN