Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default F-Rated State Senator resigning to pursue job at Chamber of Commerce

Someone must be reading the tea leaves for the next few election cycles and realize the Democrats are going to out of power for a long time.

State Sen. Matt Smith will leave office next month to help lead the Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce, officials announced Wednesday.

Smith, D-Mt. Lebanon, will become the president at the Chamber, which is the advocacy arm of the Allegheny Conference on Community Development, according to announcements from the Chamber and State Sen. Jay Costa, the minority leader.

“I would like to thank my constituents for entrusting me to be their advocate in the district and at the state level, and want them to know that even as I leave public office, I will continue to work to make our region stronger and prepare our workforce to compete in the 21st century economy,” Smith said in a statement.

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/8...#axzz3bAymJr7O

(Delaware County)

Default Re: F-Rated State Senator resigning to pursue job at Chamber of Commerce

If you're in the public sector and you fail miserably in one job... just transfer to a different department.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: F-Rated State Senator resigning to pursue job at Chamber of Commerce

Isn't the economy in Pitt bad enough already?