Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Philadelphia County)

Default The PAFOA Forum has been upgraded to vBulletin 4

I will apologize up front for the brevity of this post, I started the upgrade process at 7:33 am on May 26th and it just finished now at 2:39 am on May 27th, so I've been staring at a terminal for just over 22 straight hours and my brain is fried so we'll do some bullet points:

The good:

• We're now on vBulletin 4.2.2 PL4, the latest supported version of the vB4 series.
    • We now have a mobile style which should be automatically applied when you visit using a phone/tablet browser. If not scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and look for the dropdown to choose the style.
    • We have gotten out from under our massive technological debt that built up over the past few years and we have a plan to make sure we don't get that far deep again. I think.
    • There are probably a lot of new features available to people. If you find one, wield this power nobly.

The bad:

• There is no longer a link between calendar events and discussion threads. This is very unfortunate but was unavoidable.
    • We are using the default design for vBulletin 4. I will be reincorporating the PAFOA design as I have time, but I'm really, really tired.
    • I am 100% sure there are going to be some funky bugs/quirks that surface over the next few weeks and I plan to organize them here and fix them as quickly as possible.
    • There are probably a lot of new features available to people. If you find one, wield this power nobly.

That is all for now, I really, really need to sleep.

Thank you all for your patience in the last 24 hours, and over the many years.
    Last edited by danp; May 27th, 2015 at 02:48 AM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking